NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AGX or Koni yellow???
Hard to adjust rear Koni's when they are on the car?
I said that I'd give the 2003 GT a good try and things are turning out well....(thanks to all!!!+++)
Time to do a little more tuning.
It appears from wear that 1.7 neg camber in front is not quite enough with 225-45-15's Ecsta's at 38-40 psi on asphalt and I think we also need to increase rear camber a little by also looking at tire wear.
Balance seems good though.
Will get a little more aggressive when new shocks go on.
Anybody wanna help team celica some more?
Don't worry, I ain't going to Nats or big events except for Bremerton Nat tour.(Not that I am a worry anyway but I get a lot of "shaking no" heads when I say that I do not travel)
Thanks in advance
FM

·
Registered
808 Posts
Everyone here favors Koni Yellows. Ther are many posts on how to adjust the rear shocks. Try searching this forum. -2 degrees in front is also the norm. I've run my car with 225/45/15 V700s at open track events with even wear at -2 degrees in front. -1.2 in back with a tiny bit of rear toe-in. This alignment will result in good balance and much improved stability over the factory settings.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
fastmike said:
Hard to adjust rear Koni's when they are on the car?
You've got to either cut some plastic trim or be willing to take hatch trim out every time you want to adjust.

You also have to make a custom adjustment tool with a ratcheting wrench and the innards from a std Koni tool.

Bryan

·
Registered
61 Posts
How would you get to the adjusters on an AGX? If memory serves, they either have a nob down on the strut body or an adjustment screw on top of the piston shaft like my Integra AGXs. That would still leave the problem of having to fish in a screwdriver to reach the adjuster. I suppose that's marginally easier than having to make your own adjustment knob from Koni parts, but with all the interior pieces in and just a hole cut to insert the screwdriver, it'd be very difficult to locate the tiny adjustment screw and then turn it X amount to get the setting you need.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the help so far....
I think that modifications to the interior are OK under SCCA rules as long as the sole purpose for the mod is to get to shock adjuster.
Is this correct????
I will be reading the rule book when I get home later tonight but if anyone knows the rule, let me know.
Leaning towards 4 Koni Yellows so far....
Any advantage to AGX?
FM

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
fastmike said:
Leaning towards 4 Koni Yellows so far....
Any advantage to AGX?
FM
More rear bump in the AGX at full stiff? No need to cut apart the stock shocks up front?

How many folks with adjustables (single) actually run antyhing other than full stiff front and rear (assume it's dry out). Mine get cranked to full stiff as soon as the race tires go on.

Scott

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Does everyone run at full stiff front and rear?
Doesn't that help to cause even more inside wheelspin under acceleration?
Conekiller: do your AGX's adjust from the top or bottom and why are you selling the rear's only?
FM

·
Registered
441 Posts
I'm selling the rear AGX's, 'cause Koni is shipping me rear D/A's.

The AGX has a knob which 'snaps' in to the top adjuster. It's about the same size as a nickle. But will pop off easily. I drilled a small hole and ran about 1 foot of fishing line through it so I could pull it out if it fell. To adjust, you have to get your fingers in there and 'pull' down on the adjuster to turn.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts