NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
If it does fit then how come they have different stock numbers for the trd exhaust for the gt and gt-s?

·
Just call me GnG
3,750 Posts
i remember reading that the 00-01 celica exhaust are interchangeable, but from +02, the exhaust arent. I have a 2000 celica GT with a 2000 GT-S exhaust.. fits fine, its just the hanger positions are slightly different.

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
sound will be the same, as for the gains im sure theyd be similar. the only difference i saw were that the diameter of the piping on the one for the gt looks a little smaller than the one for the gts.

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,866 Posts
Originally posted by andrews
o, would you consider that a bad thing?
Definitely. For some reason, the GT-S responds pretty well to larger piping in the axle back than the rest of the system. You would think the opposite would be true, since going to a larger piping size should interrupt exhaust flow.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Blue Bomber said:
Definitely. For some reason, the GT-S responds pretty well to larger piping in the axle back than the rest of the system. You would think the opposite would be true, since going to a larger piping size should interrupt exhaust flow.
Would upgrading the mid pipe make more improvements in HP gains?

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,866 Posts
The stock resonator is pretty good, with a perforated core that doesn't cause restriction, so upgrading it isn't necessary. If you want to upgrade to 2.5" piping for the midpipe, however, you'll have to ditch the stock resonator. You'll definitely want to use another one, though, since it helps reduce the buzziness of the exhaust note. BTW, I've never seen a Magnaflow resonator, though someone on here claims to have one.

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,866 Posts
Originally posted by silv3r0ne
i have one sittin in my garage at home, i.ll take a pic for ya blue when i go home this weeknd. btw, thanks for the response.
Got a part # or anything? Magnaflow doesn't list any on their site, and no place online sells them. :confused:

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
nah, not sure what the part number is, my cousin first bought it to put on his camry, but he took it off a few days later because he wanted his setup to be louder and decided to go without a resonator. when i go home, i.ll see if theres a part number or anything stamped on the resonator and i.ll be sure to post pics in this thread. should have em up tomorrow nite. :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.