NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the dealership yesterday getting my passenger headlight replaced and while he was typing into the computer. I asked the guy to also check why the passenger side light was dimmer than the driver side, and he just told me cause I have aftermarket bulbs. Told him I had stock bulbs with me cause I wanted them to fix the problem and he told me I had to buy new bulbs. He didn't want to use my stock bulbs since they were in and out of the car. I asked him how much new bulbs would be and he told me $90!! And that is just for one bulb. WTF is Toyota and their outrageous prices?

Anyways, I just told them to just put my new headlight on and the light problem is fixed. I guess my friend didn't put in the passenger side bulb in correctly and it messed up the beam pattern.

But $90! Crazy price.

·
The Original 1zz Fanboy
3,774 Posts
if they installed it it might cost that much. Cause you have to take off the front bumper. You could do it yourself next time it only takes a couple of minutes to get the bumper off and you save alot of $$$$

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The bulb costs $50 but somehow with tax and installation it ended up being $90. So thats $180 total for 2 H7 OEM bulbs! You don't have to take the front bumper to install bulbs. They are just trying to rip you off with their crazy prices.

·
Registered
28 Posts
matrix bulbs=$29.99 a pair p.i.a.a. bulbs=$60 a pair sylvania bulbs=$15 a pair i work at toyota if you want them that bad ill buy them at my price!!

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Naw, I don't need the stock bulbs. I already have a pair of stock bulbs. I only inquired about the passenger side headlight being dimmer than the driver side and the guy told me it was because of my aftermarket bulbs. But the problem has been corrected.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just ordered a oem bulb for my right headlight. I went to my mechanic and asked him to get it for me. Toyota quoted him $17.00, the price of the bulb. Then he sold it to me for 30. I recommend trying the same thing. Oh yeah, installation took me 2 minutes, real easy, and no removal of front bumper.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No, the point of me buying a brand new set of stock bulb was because the right headlight was dimmer than the driver side headlight. I told him about this and he said it was because of my "aftermarket" bulbs. According to him, any bulb other than the OEM H7 bulb was aftermarket. I was going to buy one so they can fix the problem. But I'm glad I didn't have to buy them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts