NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i got a sound setup i want to install, i dont have a new headunit and want to wait so i can afford a double din.... having that said, the stock unit doesnt have the rc plug in or whatever you call them, the white and red cords from the amp. anyhow, where can i get this fix

·
Registered
136 Posts
what you need to do is

1) purchase a Converter: $24
2) extra audio wire: $5

Depending on how you want to do this.... there are two options....

A) Take out the panels (that'll take you some time if you've never done this) in the back seat where the rear speakers are at; and splice them... there should be two sets of L/R wires, at one end of the converter, for you to connect to each rear speaker wires...
there should be a RCA audio Out at the other end.... connect your RCA's to the amp....

B) Or you could do the same set up right behind the deck... just have to find space... pretty sure there is enough space to fit the converter.. but probably no way of mounting it... since your working in a tight area.

Other than that... you should be good to go... just go for the setup and hope everything turns out fine.. I'll take pictures when I get a chance so that you get an idea....

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Where can i get the converter?
and i wont need to **** with anything like Scosche TA-03 Wiring Kit Noise Mod?
I know its simplest to hookup a AF headunit with RCA cables, buuuut I want a double-din, and already have my audio setup - the double-din. ANYHOW, I want to BUMP people.

·
Premium Member
2,456 Posts
I believe the big electronic companies carry them if ur looking to check out instore. Best buy and circuit prolly will, but as far as the quality of the ones they sell, no clue at all. never knew anyone who did one of those as an install, but i have heard of it.

·
Premium Member
1,346 Posts
he has the stock setup and wants to wire his sub and amo up until he can afford a double din. Yeah a line out converter is what you will want. quality will be ok. you won't be able to control the sub output separately like you would with an aftermarket HU but the sound quality should be decent.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what you need to do is

1) purchase a Converter: $24
2) extra audio wire: $5

Depending on how you want to do this.... there are two options....

A) Take out the panels (that'll take you some time if you've never done this) in the back seat where the rear speakers are at; and splice them... there should be two sets of L/R wires, at one end of the converter, for you to connect to each rear speaker wires...
there should be a RCA audio Out at the other end.... connect your RCA's to the amp....

B) Or you could do the same set up right behind the deck... just have to find space... pretty sure there is enough space to fit the converter.. but probably no way of mounting it... since your working in a tight area.

Other than that... you should be good to go... just go for the setup and hope everything turns out fine.. I'll take pictures when I get a chance so that you get an idea....
I got a converter, I tried to run Blue Yellow Red and a White wire from the GTS premium wiring diagram which said those would be my speakers behind the stock HU. Anyhow, i ran the wires into the crossover, ran my RCAs from the crossover to my amp, but cannot get the sub to respond! what am i doing wrong.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I got a converter, I tried to run Blue Yellow Red and a White wire from the GTS premium wiring diagram which said those would be my speakers behind the stock HU. Anyhow, i ran the wires into the crossover, ran my RCAs from the crossover to my amp, but cannot get the sub to respond! what am i doing wrong.

damn you guys are doing it the hard way. Back when i was on stock HU I bought my converter box from walmart; its a lil white box with one end that accepts the RCA's and the other end has a few speaker wires.

what i did was connect the RCA's from my amp to converter box..then tap/splice the speaker wires (+ and -) from the convertr box into the speaker wires of the REAR right speaker (+ and -). thats it...

i still got the converter box if anyone needs it. it not too hard fella's...

·
Registered
356 Posts
inline output converter
subs
rca's
wire

thats what i got wanting to run it off stock HU and stock amp... stock amp has no rca input though. so i mean i can splice the ioc and attach one side of the rca but have no side for the other rca, ive done a few systems before btu always with aftermarket hu's and all and i hate wiring

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
damn you guys are doing it the hard way. Back when i was on stock HU I bought my converter box from walmart; its a lil white box with one end that accepts the RCA's and the other end has a few speaker wires.

what i did was connect the RCA's from my amp to converter box..then tap/splice the speaker wires (+ and -) from the convertr box into the speaker wires of the REAR right speaker (+ and -). thats it...

i still got the converter box if anyone needs it. it not too hard fella's...
yo man, ill have to check out what you did, you just converted it off one set of wires?( rear right speaker )? damn i did it a dumb ass way, ill check that out

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
yo man, ill have to check out what you did, you just converted it off one set of wires?( rear right speaker )? damn i did it a dumb ass way, ill check that out
yeah u can tap either rear speaker(which ever is closer to the amp so u can use a short RCA cable) with the convertr box; just make sure u tap into the rear speaker's +and - wire. I live in kennewick now off of 395 highway hit me up if u dont figure it out.

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,638 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.