NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how long would you be able to run 6 pounds of boost w/ the stafford turbo kit as a daily driver on a GTS and not have to worry about internals? i have the money for the kit, just not the internals and if i did go on with the kit, i wouldnt be able to afford the internals for a while. thats why i am asking. thanks

·
Registered
180 Posts
you will atleast need low comp pistons and the studs. i am in the same boat as you. Contact monkeywrench and they will tell you the same.

·
Registered
520 Posts
No one knows how long your engine/components will last. I run about 5-6 psi on the GT (10 psi on high boost) and have over 10,000 miles with the turbo. Even with the relatively high compression on the 2ZZ, 6 psi isn't going to be making that much more power where it will greatly shorten the life-span of the engine...especially if you're running a restrictive exhaust.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Depends on how many miles you have currently and how often you beat on your car up to that point. You could be just making something worse that would not normally happen by slapping on a turbo. Have your compression checked too.

·
Registered
772 Posts
^^^more dependant on the driver and the maintenance than the car... it's not like 6psi is going to make it a time bomb or anything...

Since I became disgruntled with my nitrous setup I am looking to run a stafford kit with power fc, and 3" exhaust... till next year then build the engine up a bit. Boost until then will be determined by tuning, whatever can be done with a decent amount of safety.

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
6PSI on stock internals doesn't worry me as long as you run an appropriate heat range plug, keep the A/Fs reasonable and change your oil frequently

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
bradtp1986 said:
i am in the same boat as well, so for safety purposes, just basically make sure that it is tuned on the safe side?
yep - make sure your A/Fs are 12s or less under boost.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts