NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was just wondering if i remove that big muffler thats sitting long ways from side to side in the back and had a muffler shop just route a pipe around from the exhaust to that second muffler with the tip connected to it would it sound allright. if you have seen that new injen exhaust where there wasnt that big muffler thats kind of what i want to do but with the stock exhaust.

· Registered
2,047 Posts
thats wut i did with my HKS exhaust system and it sounds amazing.. im not sure if its illegal.. my fren said all u need to have is a cat and resonator for it to be legal.. i mnot sure.. kan sum1 veryfy that?.. but its a niiiiIIice ddeeep sound now .. not like those high lawnmower civic exhausts... i think it sounds amazing now.. ive had it done for about 4-5 months

· Registered
185 Posts
hmm i actually thought doing that before...it seems like a pretty good way to just go with custom exhaust...
I believe that the emissions aspect will still be legal since you're not tampering with the cat, but the sound will definately exceed 95 dB (i believe is the legal limit), but many people drive with exhausts above that limit...just be careful

· Registered
1,289 Posts
hey my exhaust is done that way and i know like 3 guys who have it done that way .. just cut off the muffler and add a pipe costs like 40 bucks .... it sound really deep actually not too bad .. rattles the insid of the car a lill but its all good ... id say one of the better soundin exhausts out there imo ... cheap .. and i dynoed 167 to the front wheels with that and aem intake

· Registered
2,047 Posts
ya... wenever i drive i try to listen to wut rattles.. ar first i thouhgt it was my guage pod.. but nope.. kant figure it out... thats how deep it is.. kinda blends in with my bass in my car

· Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hey mine rattles too. it sounds like its coming from the back somewhere right. i think i have narrowed it down to this... the stock attena is allways coming loose so im allways tightning that and the rear windshield wiper seems to slightley tape on the glass. but im not 100% sure. for me it mostly rattles when im standing still.

· Registered
1,289 Posts
iv had problems with somethin rattling in the right rear speaker area.... behind that plastic ..and also have a problem with the cover in the back rattling

· Registered
2,047 Posts
gnes100 said:
iv had problems with somethin rattling in the right rear speaker area.... behind that plastic ..and also have a problem with the cover in the back rattling
ya me 2... i guess only solution is to get WHOLE car dynomatted haha..

· Registered
2,047 Posts
np

wut exhaust did u have on it before u re-piped it?

also.. can any1 veryfy for sure if its still leagal if ur exhaust system has a cat and resonator?.. thanx

· Registered
4,951 Posts
flipNcelica said:
np

wut exhaust did u have on it before u re-piped it?

also.. can any1 veryfy for sure if its still leagal if ur exhaust system has a cat and resonator?.. thanx
It may be illegal for sound volume but as for emmissions, I had an accord with a resonator and cat and it passed no problem

· Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
its just the stock exhaust. thats one of the reasons im so happy cause it sounds really good. at the muffler shop when i started it the guy jumped back and was like "sh!t" he said he didnt think that by removing that muffler it was going to sound that loud and that good. when the car is just sitting there it just purrs really low. its great.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.