NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What 7th Gen Celica came with the headlights painted stock? I thought all of the 03+ GTS came with headlights painted to match body color, researching it now I only see Tsunami edition Celica's with painted to match headlights. Are the headlights really painted to match from factory? I was thinking about just ordering a set for my car since the paint I used to paint my h/l's created like a rainbow discoloration after I reassembled them.

·
Registered
6,971 Posts
i'd say give repainting another try and choose the right paint, prep, prep, prep, and take your time w/it

could save you more money to put towards more mods :)

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried that about 4 months ago and I worked at a body shop so I used the best supplies and materials, I even did the base coat clear coat paint, I think there is some sort of film on the inside of the lense. I tried cleaning it and it looked great for about a month, then I started to see this rainbow discoloration again. Thats why I was just thinking about getting new ones, and if there is a celica stock with painted to match headlights I would prefer that rather than cracking open a brand new set of h/l's. Has any one else had this problem? My buddy did his 07 Malibu h/l's and got the same rainbow discoloration and a month after that his lenses started getting these spider cracks all over.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.