NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a system setup to the stock stereo. the remote wire from the amp had slipped out and touched the frame which I believed shot the stereo.. Once it did... I saw the backlight on my stereo flicker a few times then gave out. Purchased a new stereo and put it on. Still not working. The remote wire was hooked up to a grey wire on back (which helped with the powering of the amp).

If the remote wire was indeed connected with the stock's deck positive wire... would it only have shot the deck...I'm assuming because it's direct connect to the deck it would not pose a threat to the amp.

Could it be possible that the amp got affected?

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
could be the amp, but usually the fuse blows before any electrical damage occurs. thats a where i would start

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've checked all fuses inside the fuse box located on the passenger side mid-console... everything is fine.... does the amp have it's separate fuse that I need to look into? The remote wire was directly connected to a postive wire from the deck... so shouldn't it just blow out the deck... since it was not connected to nothing else other than the deck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts