NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ordered the slotted or slotted and cross drilled rotors in the vendor sales section? They were offering good deals. Just looking for a lil review on the product.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I have them. Check the sig for pix of them. No problems so far but I only drive my car from point a to b. I dont race or autox so I cant testify to the fade resistance quality.

Some of the paint came off of the rotors during install; but the brake dust colored them right back to original.

Pat is top-notch seller, good customer service, & Very knowledgeable with our cars since he was a toyota mechanic for 4+ years.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Pinoyspd17 said:
I have them. Check the sig for pix of them. No problems so far but I only drive my car from point a to b. I dont race or autox so I cant testify to the fade resistance quality.

Some of the paint came off of the rotors during install; but the brake dust colored them right back to original.

Pat is top-notch seller, good customer service, & Very knowledgeable with our cars since he was a toyota mechanic for 4+ years.

I didn't think any paint would survive on the rotor face. The pad will burn anything off. Rotors get very, very hot--up to 1000* or more.

Jon

·
Registered
928 Posts
Hey I have a set of their rear rotor and brake line for sale, they are both never used, please let me know if you are interested~

·
Registered
32 Posts
I got front slotted/drilled rotors and brake pads from Stop It Brakes, and I'm very happy with the purchase. Pat is a very nice guy. He installed them on the car for a very reasonable price, super fast, high quality work. The rotors look really sexy! I can feel slight improvement in braking too, mostly probably from the performance brake bads.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Hmmmm.....so what is so different about these rotors vs. anybody else's? They look like they were painted black with some engine paint or something if you ask me. My main thing is I want to keep the rusting down to a minimum, especially where the wheel mounts to the hub and if these are just spray painted black then they aren't much different than stock rotors. Anybody care to elaborate on how these rotors are better than stock replacements? Also, do the slots in the rotor go all the way through the rotor surface? If so then these are not any better structurally than cross drilled rotors. In other words, if you were to get the just the slotted rotors then you would be no better off than if you had bought cross drilled rotors because the slots in these rotors go all the way through the rotor surface. Most slotted rotors have a deep groove in them but they do not go all the way through the surface as these appear to do. Does any of this make sense? It could be just the way the pics look though.

Justin

·
Registered
721 Posts
The slots dont go all the way through the rotors. But my rear rotors are rusting already...? I remember my stocks showed a little bit of rust after a rainy day/carwash but I guess maybe the brake dust just colored them back up..?

Beats me, but the rears are rusting & the fronts dont seem to be.

Ill post pix later today.

·
Registered
87 Posts
The uncoated surfaces are going to rust, the only way around that is to coat the whole rotor and let the pads wear the paint off in the swept area, but people generally don't like the idea of the paint getting onto the pad friction.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts