NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
http://www.stoptech.com/tech_info/StopTech White Paper A7-Caliper Move-Out Kits.pdf

Two particularly relevant passages:
One manufacturer has claimed that shorter stopping distances result from increased thermal capacity. Greater thermal capacity and increased cooling inherent with larger rotors (assuming technologies for cooling such as vane design remain equivalent) should reduce the maximum temperature reached by the rotor, whether in a single stop or in a series of stops. This may prevent the brake system from exceeding the maximum operating temperature of the brake pad when it otherwise would have. At that point, the increase in stopping distance caused by pad fade will be avoided, but there is no reason that a vehicle

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Lots of great info here. Thanks for the link. A little bit confusing at first but after a reread it was pretty straight forward. I suggest anyone to read these article links before purchasing a BBK.

·
Premium Member
7,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mukalicious said:
i bought my BBK for the look. if it stops me in a shorter distance, great. if not, no sweat off my brow.
Even if it INCREASES your stopping distances? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
27,517 Posts
Is it bad to run the TRD/Stoptech BBK with AEM/Powerslot large rotors in the rear? There's a guy local to me with the TRD + Powerslot, and he has no issues braking with them. Yet I've read that having AEM/Powerslot's in the rear can lock up your brakes when used with a true BBK. I love they way that combo looks on his car and I'm sick of seeing my puny rotors in the rear. Advice?

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
It shouldn't, the kits are designed to maintain the braking force distribution that the stock system has. If they are indeed too powerful though obviously you can brake lighter or later or whatever.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts