NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
22,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

A short time ago SRS wrote me inquiring about a promotion they were doing for a new video game called Street
Racing Syndicate. A deal was worked out that I would receive a copy of this game in exchange for my honest
review, so here it goes...

Get ready to have a new addiction as for the first few days I could not put this game down. The cars in this
game are true to life, very realistic. The attention to detail put into features on the cars is amazing. One
example is the color codes are same as factory as with a Celica you have choices of all the factory colors like
spectra blue and absolutely red. And of course there's the mods that you can do to the car after earning money
from races. Every mod you install makes a difference, postive or negative. For instance different tires to
choice from; one may be better for launching and another better for drifting. The mods are endless, turbos to
rim choices, tires to decals. After you are done modding your car you can go test it on the dyno, see what you
built. When you think youve built the perfect race car get ready to show it off. You can choose from several race
options including street races, respect challenges which as you race, you earn respect points, the more respect
you have the more options you have, including a girlfriend, but be careful, loosing a race means loosing your girl.
Win more races, win more money, buy more mods... As simple as that. every race will put you on the edge of your
seat, almost as if you were in the drivers seat.

The game does have its pitfalls though as well. Some things might be hard to understand. For example, the map.
You will get a hint to go to the warehouse, yet the game doesn't show you how to get there. It took me a while to
figure out how to find it, by simply hitting select button, giving you the option to either drive there or jump to
the location. Then there's the street races, which at times are almost impossible to win due to a "freak" accident
at the last minute, causing you to lose money. And if your car is equipped with nitrous, be ready to be even more
confused on how to fill it once you've ran out. I read through the whole manual a dozen times trying to figure out
how to fill it, whether there's a refill station or what. After driving around aimlessly i realized that you can
fill it up by performing tricks ie drifting or having a near miss with a car. Then there's the replays. First of all
it only shows the 1st players car, even if it's not winning. There's no options to switch views or cars you want to
watch. Sometimes you get stuck just staring at a wall until the camera angle switches.

If I had to choose one game to compare the game to I would say it is alot like Toyko Extreme Racer for anyone who
is familiar except it brings the street racing to a whole new level and though these games do not have the graphics
of say Gran Turismo they are still worth your investment. Even with it's flaws, the games a lot of fun and very
addicting. The cars are awsome, the options are realistic, and the girls are easy to get..unlike real life.

I give the game two thumbs up and suggest it to anyone whose interested in racing video games. For more information
on the game you can check out the official website at http://www.hypemakers.net/srs/go.php?v=nco

·
Premium Member
4,756 Posts
I'll rent it but my first choice will be GT 4

·
Registered
306 Posts
I've been waiting for this game to come out for over a year and i have to say its not the best driving game ever but its good enought to buy. one of the cars i got and built up was a 350Z and had so much power to the rear wheels it broke lose easy on turns. where as the STI was a different story, just a few examples of the realism in this game.. if i gave it a 1-10 i would say 8!

·
Registered
179 Posts
I got the GS-T in the beginning then a GT-S later. Supra's are impossible to handle in the corners, while the Celica does very well and is faster in higher rpms.

Also, you don't want to get chased by cops cause if you don't get away you'll regret it.

I think it's a more in depth experience than Need for Speed Underground, but I think Underground is still better.

It's fun but I traded it in for Fable.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
i would say the only reason why i keep on playing is to get natasha yi :crazy2:

after that im done with that game

·
Registered
22,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Do any of the girl friends videos contain anything other then just a dance like music video?

·
Registered
656 Posts
How would you compare it to need for speed underground?

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by 02TrDCeLiCa
lol NOpe all its all the same dance vids all those chicks got no azz
:thumbdown

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
Originally posted by larryd
And if your car is equipped with nitrous, be ready to be even more
confused on how to fill it once you've ran out. I read through the whole manual a dozen times trying to figure out
how to fill it, whether there's a refill station or what. After driving around aimlessly i realized that you can
fill it up by performing tricks ie drifting or having a near miss with a car.
Sounds like they ripped off the Burnout series.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts