NewCelica.org Forum banner

61 - 80 of 94 Posts

·
Klaatu barada nikto
1,865 Posts
I heard a clear lens swap is even more killer with OEM HIDs
Picked up a set of 03+ tails too so should help the car look newer
Yes, the TSX lens is a nice upgrade too, but most don't have the nerve to crack open the really expensive HIDs to do it, lol. You can't go wrong with a set of 03+ tails either. :thumbup:

You should do an HID retrofit. Cheaper. c:
??? HID retrofits are unsafe in halogen housings. Cheaper doesn't equal better.

As in putting HID projectors inside halogen housings? The mounting bracket for the halogen housings is weird making a retro fit hard, I'd have to hack the old projector out
Additionally, there is no proper HID cutoff inside to keep the beam aimed correctly, no levelling motors and the housings just don't look as cool!

·
Klaatu barada nikto
1,865 Posts
I got my tail lights installed but the headlights will cost a pretty penny since I'm opening them up and adding stuff so those wont be for awhile :hellno:

Yeah, I figured. Just breakin your balls cause its what we do.

·
Klaatu barada nikto
1,865 Posts
I'd be interested to see how your progress goes. Post pics up of the mod process. :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
cool. this guy did his too. http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=397386

can't wait to see some results.
Running into so space issues because the OEM HID housings high beam bowls are much smaller than the halogen housings

I bought a set of Morimotos for my ES330, but still haven't installed them. Haha!!
They're great! But the new NHK bulbs are even better... Wish i got a set of those but Morimotos are still solid

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #79

Cracked the seal on these puppies, was pretty nerve-racking but gotta do what you gotta do

I always heard the TSX lens were the way to go but they're not even the right size. So i'm going to be grabbing a different set of clear lens but here is what it looks like with a clear lens swap

After the swap I got a ton of color and a razor sharp cut off
it's a for sure mod to do if you get OEM HIDs :whoa::whoa::whoa:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Now mod the non oem hid headlights to see if they're just as good as the oem hid? Save you the money of getting oem hid's.

61 - 80 of 94 Posts