NewCelica.org Forum banner

81 - 94 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Now mod the non oem hid headlights to see if they're just as good as the oem hid? Save you the money of getting oem hid's.
You can't get more performance out of halogen housings, they already have a clear lens and they're actually amazing housings. I've tried tuning the stock housings and nothing more can come out of even with LED bulbs, which are brighter but throw light less light down the road. The only thing you can do is throw a HID bulb and that's it

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #82

In the process of upgrading and retro fitting my fogs
35w HIDs vs CREE LED units
Much better light control and wider beam pattern and instant on

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #84

Unlocked more performance out of the HID housings by playing with the reflector bowl location. Now it has an even better hotspot and more width :hump:

But I think this is the most you can get out of them. Happy with them now

·
Registered
7,709 Posts
oh wow, at first i couldnt tell the difference with the stock location vs modified bowl location. but looking at closer i really like how the cut off on the driver side is sharper and extends a bit more.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
It's hard to tell without a huge picture and high quality but it's a noticeable difference in person, more usable width and hotspot. Was mainly looking for a more intense hotspot because the it's kinda lacking in stock form

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-KOmWTtZNw8" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

What do you guys think? I'm on the fence with demon eyes

·
Klaatu barada nikto
1,876 Posts
I'd probably do the leds since the housings are already opened, you can always just turn them off if you don't like the added color.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
I'd probably do the leds since the housings are already opened, you can always just turn them off if you don't like the added color.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xVkN_8ztaWw" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yeah think I'll be having Demon eyes
But they'll be linked instead of independent like in this video

After a bunch of fitment I can finally put this all together soon
Thinking of painting all the chrome a semi matte black

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
These are still a WIP but all the lights are functioning as they should be so decided to show you guys on what they can do

I posted this on the FB group so this is for those who don't go there :hellno:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RY-tY54hh6Y" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Poopin' on Scrubz
3,742 Posts
These are still a WIP but all the lights are functioning as they should be so decided to show you guys on what they can do

I posted this on the FB group so this is for those who don't go there :hellno:
What's Facebook? Haha!

I don't care for the lights, but that's just me...

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #94

This Forum is totally dead but I decided to buy an old Celica instead of a "new Celica"

A legit ST205 Celica GT-Four, still have both Celicas. Should get them in a photo shoot.

What is life without the Celica?

81 - 94 of 94 Posts