NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard a lot of ppl saying good stuff about APR strut bar. But aren't there other major company that makes strut bars for our celi that's better than APR? Price is not a problem, just curious what other options I have.

Also I have the TRD rear tower bar, would adding a strut brace make a difference? Or are ppl putting them in mostly for looks?

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
If price is not a problem, then get the Hypermotive bar. It looks really really nice but pretty pricy at over couple hundred. Also the Hotchkis bar with the camber plates are very good. The camber plates make the Hotchkis one look good but if you talk about the bar itself, the Hypermotive one looks better IMO. Both of them should be located in the store section. If not you can check out the hypermotive one as Hypermotive.net? or .com?

·
Premium Member
9,606 Posts
I have the RMM front strut brace, and I like it a lot. Price was right, good - solid piece, and that coupled with the TRD rear brace makes for some pretty tight cornering.
But the 'best' frunt upper strut brace might be the Hotchkis.... only b/c you can ajust camber with that one. But it is pretty pricey.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
In the front I have Hotchkis bar on top and the Cusco on the Lower. I take out the Hotchkis during winter (Mainly because I take my Tein HA's off and the Camber links are set up on them) the Cusco stays on and keeps the front end more stiff then stock, but I do notice a difference when I put the hotchkis one back on. I have the Tanabe rear under brace and it's a waist of money, I saw no improvment with it so don't even bother since you got the TRD rear brace.

·
Registered
490 Posts
they're all the same, do the same thing, except for the hotchkis which has integrated front camber links. i personally wouldn't pay more than a 100 bucks for a metal rod

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
I love the hypermotive bar,there not all the same though.They are supposed to all do the same thing but they don't.Some flex and bend and don't support the car.Hypermotive is tested and work's/look's great.Plus they are really good people there!~Bradley

1 - 16 of 16 Posts