NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My front struts (mainly driver side) are shot. I have no idea what a good, but not bank breaking option is. I was recommend KYB (AGX?) but I also have no idea if I just need the strut or like a full kit? Springs/coils, rubber mounts? It's all very confusing.

·
ZZT230.5
296 Posts
KYB GR-2 are the OEM replacement, the AGX are a higher end adjustable strut. You should be able to reuse your existing springs, as long as they're not broken or bent or rusted or whatever. As for the rubber mounts, probably should replace them while everything is apart, those tend to get brittle and start to disintegrate over time. Good luck!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
KYB GR-2 are the OEM replacement, the AGX are a higher end adjustable strut. You should be able to reuse your existing springs, as long as they're not broken or bent or rusted or whatever. As for the rubber mounts, probably should replace them while everything is apart, those tend to get brittle and start to disintegrate over time. Good luck!
Thank you, would you recommend the AGX over the OEM replacement? As far as quality or would them somehow being more adjustable, be another area of concern for wear?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts