NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 15X6.5 size Rotas and want to look into 225/45/15 or 225/50/15 size Hankooks. Can I fit those tires onto my rims? And will that size fit inside the Celicas wheelwell? Need info soon, Im gonna be buying soon...:D
---Dominic

·
Registered
23 Posts
In stock class, I've run 225/45R15 Kumho V700s on 15x6.5 Rotas with no issues whatsoever. The tires compressed well on the rims and no rubbing at stock height. Lots of room between the tires and the struts...

·
Banned
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok...gotta make a decision...should I get the Hankook RS2-Z212 in a 225/45/15 or the Falken Azenis RT-615 in a 205/50/15. I know by only looking at the size, it would seem that the Hankooks should be favored. But Im not convinced that the size of the 'kooks outweighs the Falkens compound. I havent read any back to back threads here or on SCCA forums, so whats a Street Touring guy to do? I have had good and bad experience with Falken RT-215's, the older tires. My first set was great and lasted a while. My second set, with 2004 build dates, seemed hard and heat cycled by the end of last year, and I bought them at the beginning of last year, and theres plenty of tread left, yet they dont get nice and sticky as they get hot...they just hot hotter hotter w/o even getting greasy, and squealed like a set of Toyo T1S's or Yoko Paradas. They dont seem to have much grip, just really squealy. That wasnt the charachteristics of my first set of Azenis. Anyway, wondered if any of you had some input. I have a set of Falken 615s shipping to a store near me, but thats before I realized that Hankook had thier rs2-Z212's availible in a 225-45-15. Any ideas?

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
I'd get the RT615 unless you plan to get the Hankooks shaved. Not to mention, I think the RT-615 is still a wider tire. Just because the sidewall on the HK is wider doesn't mean the tread is.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Well pics show that the hankook is wider and shorter. Either way, after driving on the 615's and the 16" 225 hankooks, it's a no brainer for me...the 615's. And get some wider wheels...please!!! :)

·
Banned
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jeffh said:
Well pics show that the hankook is wider and shorter. Either way, after driving on the 615's and the 16" 225 hankooks, it's a no brainer for me...the 615's. And get some wider wheels...please!!! :)
I need a wider bank account first :chuckle:

·
Registered
21 Posts
DUDE dont put too wide of wheels on a celica i got a celica gt with 17' BBS 245 width
thay are so heavy its even cool so now im back with my stock rims just leting u now after puting on rims u will feel it being much slower

·
Recovering Celica Driver
513 Posts
I have some 15x7.5 SSR's sitting in my garage waiting for a great car to be put on to :) PM me if you're interested. :)

·
Registered
681 Posts
ovadik said:
DUDE dont put too wide of wheels on a celica i got a celica gt with 17' BBS 245 width
thay are so heavy its even cool so now im back with my stock rims just leting u now after puting on rims u will feel it being much slower
Whats the matter? Even after dumping the clutch at 6k rpm's you only manage to chirp the tires lol j/k

1 - 9 of 9 Posts