NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after sighting that black gt-s on the 91 south, i was approaching the outskirts of yorba linda when i saw a pair of headlights coming up super fast behind me in the lane next to me. i was thinking "holy shyt, what maniac would be going that fast?!"
two more pairs appeared right behind the initial pair and blew past me doing 110+ mph (I was doing 70) and it turns out they were three cars racing on the freeway. a honda civic hatchback and a ford focus x3 or possibly svt, and a 1999-2001 camry trailing behind them.

the civic and the focus were even and they both came up on a pack of cars, the focus was trying to merge into the lane of the civic before hitting a VW bug. the focus narrowly misses the bug and squeezes himself in the other lane, forcing the civic to brake really hard.
the focus then darts into another lane and the civic follows, making other cars swerve out of their way.
and the camry was following them the whole time.

the vw bug was in my lane. which means if the cars had collided with the bug, i would have ran into them too!

stupid ricers. :furious:

·
Registered
454 Posts
Some people are just idiots. Just this friday. coming home from work on the 405 northbound in westminster to the 605 a civic a tl and nissan sentra trying to race in rush hour traffic where people are only going 50. I was just going with the flow of traffic and with all their weaving and getting caught behind all the traffic i still passed them up just staying in the fast lane.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
makes u think. people that post about freeway races when "there are no cars around"

when, in LA, are there ever no cars around on the freeway?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
there's a difference between a short burst of speed on an empty stretch, and weaving & darting in and out of traffic doing 100+

:p: jeez you pricks

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
FriedRice said:
makes u think. people that post about freeway races when "there are no cars around"

when, in LA, are there ever no cars around on the freeway?
LA?

this was in riverside.
the boonies

ya know... horse and cow country.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts