NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I left the instructions at hom and dont know what the otehr5 wires on the scotch harness go to? i tried searching but listing. if someone could just list: orange, red, yellow, blue white stripe, black, black with white stripe and waht they do that woudl be great so i can wire it up to the headunit. ( these are not the same colors as the stock wires i belive so dont show me the link to the wire lisitng ;)

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
so i was mathcing up the harnesses. Next slightly large issue. the wire colors for 03+ dont match colors for those lsited on here. anyone with 03+ premium tell me what the colros are. i neet to check:

-blue/yellowstrp= 12v constant = Yellow on new harness
-green / silver = ??????? = Orange on new harness
-silver = ???( =blue/white " "
-gray /silver dot = 12v Acc =red
-borwn /silver = ??(chasse ground? =black
-red/ silver = ???(possible digital ground? =black w/ white **i cant find digital ground on headunit?

Wires on stock harness that have NO connector on the new harness:

-white/green = dimmer
-black/silver = ?????
-brown = ?????
-black =????

and for these do i jsut cut them and splice (use connectors) onto the headunit?

·
O_o
7,222 Posts
Scosche TA03.....?

The TA03 is a power lead wiring harness and factory amplifier interface for select Toyota vehicles with the factory amplified audio system. Utilizes the aftermarket receiver's 4-channel preamp (RCA) outputs. Use when replacing the factory radio, but keeping the factory amplifier and speakers.
Unless your keeping your stock amp, I don't think you use it

BTW you spelled Scosche wrong, thats why you couldn't find anything.

I'll keep looking as to what they hook up to

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LOL i know i typed it in wrong here. i searched with the correct spelling. i found plenty of places to buy but nothing on what wires are what.

Yes i'm using stock amp

What i really need is wireing codes for 03+ premium. u find that and i will award a cookie :)

·
O_o
7,222 Posts
Page 50, 51, and 52 look promising for your amp Diagram
http://www.radphys.com/WIRING_DIAGRAM_FULL.pdf

*EDIT* dER!....stoopid me didnt even bother looking in the instal section

larryd said:
GT-S Premium Stereo - Wiring Codes by SilverSurfer

Caps are main color followed by stripe.
HEAD UNIT
GRAY w/silver dots 12V ACC
BLUE w/yellow stripe 12V Constant
WHITE w/green dimmer
WHITE sig left front
YELLOW sig left rear
RED sig right front
BLUE sig right rear
GRAY/shrink sig shield (all)
(You could use the factory amp if your head unit is underpowered and has pre-amp outputs. I didn't try this.)

SPEAKERS
Driver
front 6 1/2 RED/blue + RED/black -
front mid/high PINK + VIOLET -
rear 6 1/2 BLACK + YELLOW -
Passenger
front 6 1/2 GREEN + BLUE/white -
front mid/high L. GREEN + BLUE -
rear 6 1/2 RED + WHITE -

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,528 Posts
That's an '00 diagram... there are some differences... but I haven't heard of any '03 color code changes.

HEAD UNIT
GRAY w/silver dots 12V ACC
BLUE w/yellow stripe 12V Constant
WHITE w/green dimmer
WHITE sig left front
YELLOW sig left rear
RED sig right front
BLUE sig right rear
GRAY/shrink sig shield (all)

SPEAKERS
Driver
front 6 1/2 RED/blue + RED/black -
front mid/high PINK + VIOLET -
rear 6 1/2 BLACK + YELLOW -
Passenger
front 6 1/2 GREEN + BLUE/white -
front mid/high L. GREEN + BLUE -
rear 6 1/2 RED + WHITE -

EDIT... LOL.. double post... I thought to look there;)

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
2way i have that printed out, but the colors are differnt now. flying images posted up this question last year and noone answered him. if someone could show me a pic of the 00-02 harness and tell me which pin does what that would probably work the same way

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
noone gets a cookie yet ;) alos another questino. for the scho harness. did u all just spice the chasse and digital ground together to 1 plug and plug them into the 1 ground on the headunit. becasue i dont see a digital ground on it

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,528 Posts
v3bahumut said:
Page 50, 51, and 52 look promising for your amp Diagram
http://www.radphys.com/WIRING_DIAGRAM_FULL.pdf
Try going by the pin #'s in the wiring manual instead of the colors.

I think the major Scosche colors are:
COLOR FUNCTION
Black Ground
Yellow Battery/Memory
Red Ignition/Accy
Blue Power Antenna
Blue/White Amplifier Turn On

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
do i splice the 2 blacks together to 1 connector liek in the pics of the resistor mod? also any idea on the orange wire? also the amp on off ur talkinga bout. is that the stock amp or is that the remote wire for sub amp?

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
just looked. the blue for power antenna u listed, ther eis no just blue on the sch. onyl one seeming left is orange so do u think thats the antenna? its attached to the greenw/silver on stock wire

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
there is no power antenna for schosche's TA-03....you'll have to make one for yourself...from the toyota connector, it's pin #13 for the power antenna...add a wire to TA-03 on pin 13, you'll be fine cause my celica is 03' as well...

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok semi final verdict. It works!!! all lights up. Antenna doesnt go up becasue i didnt check and see what raging said yet ;) Did the resistor mod before installing radio and there is alternator feedback. so i guess its time for potentiometer (*sp)or just test different resistors. Also haveing issue with subs, very weak as compared to stock headunit. The headuit has 1 sub out plug. i currently have mine on a LOC which has 2 rca plugs. how do i get the 2 rca plugs into the 1 sub out port?

next issue. headunit says it has 2 aux ins. i need to get my carputer plugged in. Unforuntatly it came with no cables. i see the aux in pins. so what can i buy that give me rca cables from the pins on the headunit? gonna make a trip to radio shack.

help is deffinitly welcomed. Oh and raging which pin is 13? which color? i may snip the wire behind the stock connector and put a connector on it, 1 on snipped wire and 1 on the headunit so i can just plug it in to either wire if i ever switch back :)

man i keep thinking of issues as i type. The digital ground. when connected to the reg ground and then both connected to headunit ground it doesnt work. but when i leave the digial ground disconnected all works. do i need to plug this really into anyhting? what does it affect. if it does need to be plugged in, what the hell do i plug it into :)

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
when you do the resistor mod, it all depends on what voltage output from your RCA out on your radio...if you have question contact pacificblue for help, or of course, 2way...

as for pin 13...if you look at your toyota plug...have the release tap on top...pin 13 is the 3rd from left on the 2nd row...from my car and online internal toyota manual, it said the wire color is black!!

and i don't understand what you mean by your sub output for only 1 plug. usually, a RCA output is in a pair...

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
u'd think so ;) but yea the sub out is just 1 plug. i'll check out the antenna tomarrow. thanks so much for your help. i did the resistor mod using what the radio said (4v) but still has noise. so i'll just probably get 4 potentiometers and keep tunning. thats all thats in the blue box but that thing isnt shielded so would have more noise :(

anyone have ideas on what i need for the aux in ports. being that there are pins on the headunit but no cables so i guess i have to get more make some

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
blaupunk los angeles mp72 (carsponsorships.com sent it so i'm not complaining ;) )

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
what was the ohms you have used for your 4V? 271 ohms? i would go a little higher than that, i think 300+ ohms +/-20% would be ideal. it will lower your volume, but it should elimate most if not all of your static noise.

as for your aux port, i would contact blaupunk directly and see if they know who might still sell that connecting cable, since your model of HU is no longer in production.

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yea i think i used around 270. so u think 300'ish? as for the connector, yea the manual said it was something u had to buy from them for the aux ports. guess i'm going shopping ;)

·
12+ years daily driver
8,599 Posts
man reading this makes me SO GLAD i had a 4 channel and components.

My HU install is 4 wires(12v,mem,gnd, rmt) , antenna, and 4 sets of rca's :)

i hope you get it all figured out.

your ? about the rca output ports....do you have two sets of plugs that need to both go in the same place??

if thats the case get a Y-splitter from radioshack(or better if u go to a nice audio shop and get something shielded). Make sure its the 1 male end into 2 female ends. Plug away and your set. Now if you speak of only rca port on the back...you might have to get more creative. The more you split your pathways though the more of a % sound quality drops.

I would save for a halfway decent component setup, your car's got the rest of the system down except for this it seems

1 - 20 of 34 Posts