NewCelica.org Forum banner

stupid parking permit at my school

2K views 25 replies 14 participants last post by  silverCELICAgt-s 
#1 ·
ok so i go to NCC and they just enforced a parking permit rule

u have to pay to put a sticker on your car.. no increased security and no guaranteed parking so whatever i have to get it

it just came in the mail today and i was reading where to put it and it says the rear window..

now i dont know about other people but this bothered me bc i have tinted windows.. so i called up and spoke to some nasty woman who was probably pmsing and she said "well you will get a ticket if its not there or the driver side window".. so i said "well i have tinted windows and i refuse to put it there unless the school is going to some how pay for my window to be tinted after this semester" and she says to me

"why dont you just leave it on your car forever?"

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! first off dont talk to me like im stupid and second you drive around with a NCC parking permit on your car when this is you last semester there! and its a $200 fine or something if you dont have the permit on your car and i asked if i can put it in my driver window..... then she says "well are your windows are tinted past the factory tint" so i said "it doesnt matter if they are" annnd she said "well then you can get a ticket from CAMPUS SECURITY for having illegal tints so maybe you want to take them off and just put the permit where its supposed to go and stop complaining or you will get ticketed"

omgggg i hate my school so much! i cant wait to be out of there!

See less See more
#2 ·
so im taking it the sticker is an inside the car type sticker? Because each semester here at my school we have a sticker that seems to increase in size every year, lol. But its an outer rear window sticker that has to be in the left corner of the rear window. So whats funny is my trd spoiler totally hides it so i never see it. But yes u will get fined if u dont have the sticker on and wont be able to graduate until all fines are paid, most schools are getting like this where they charge you to park, etc. Luckily i go to a school that only has 1,400 students so parking is free but you have to still put a student sticker on the window which sucks. I know at my high school they made us pay to park $100 bucks for the year (at a public school none the less!) and it was just a mirror hanger id which i personally think are the best.

But your positive its an inside window sticker? seems kinda odd for them to do that. Talk to your campus security, or whoever tickets the cars. This way maybe theyll just no your car is allowed but just not make u have a sticker. I know my campus security are personally into cars and always stay stationed in their golf carts at night around where the nicer cars are.

#5 ·
Just stick the side that sticks to clear tape, and put that side on the outside of the window with clear tape. Get a heavy duty clear tape so you won't mess it up with the weather. When the semester is over just take it off. Use alcohol to remove any extra glue it leaves behind.

#7 ·
well heres an idea...i dno how well it will work...can u just stick the sticker in the plastic piece by the trunk or something...or stick it in the rubber by the driver side window....i know in my H.S parking was free but needed a parking permit so they can ticket the Juniors for parking in the senior lot....now it had to go on the back left side of my rear window so when i got my tints done the tint guy put in on my front window and i just backed into spots...now in college my school gives us stickers that attach to the mirror...and comes off with no glue left behind and can move easily car to car...i just say stick in the driver side rubber...just enough so it stays

#8 ·
i think the clear tape is a good idea, we have the same thing here where they have to go on the inside(i dont see how going on the outside would make sense because then anyone with a razorblade could take them off). if there is any way to get the sticker to stop sticking you should try that, possibly alcohol? :shrugs: anyways, good luck and once you figure it out, tell me what you did cuz i need to do the same thing

#9 ·
boxologist said:
yes, the new NCC policy is rediculous. please email or call ur county legislator's office with ur concerns about paying for parking on an open campus.

lol, i dont care that i had to pay. its pissing me off that i have to pay to ruin my window, and she treated me as if im some idiot

the sticker is on plastic and your supposed to peel it, i think im going to cut it out and put it behind the window and just put it between the rubber part and the window

#12 ·
That's weird they make you guys stick them on your rear window. My school has them on the front passenger side. One of my old friends got a ticket once because she had hers upside down. Haha. But maybe if you just leave that clear sticky part on, and use minimal tape to attach it to your window, it won't leave a mark? Good luck.

#18 ·
I had $500 in fines the day I graduated from Drexel University :)

Never paid em. I still got my diploma though the threatened to give me an empty folder at graduation.

I paid enough to go to school, no way in HELL was I paying for parking or parking my car on the streets of center city.

#25 ·
That's really stupid!! I think it's thier way of feeling the power, " We'll make them put the sticker where we tell them!!". When I was in school we were fine as long as it was visible. A lot of people stuck them to the inside of an old cd case so they could move it to another car if they had to! I hate power trippers and rude parking attendants.

#26 ·
vibebreaker said:
that's how much it costs for my university :AF:
ya so in high school it cost money right, but here at college its free but we have to have a parking pass, you would think vice versa that i would have to pa here in college.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.