NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm gonna get my nuts shaved off for this but i was wondering what the difference was between the gen 1, 2, and 3 injen intakes. just curious. everyone seems to think gen 3 lags/bogs the least. did anyone notice design and pipe change? they all look the same.

·
Registered
30 Posts
what i remember reading is that the diameter is what has changed. the first and sec. gen where really big and teh mafs would read alot of air and in turn run lean. and from that you get your bogging not sure but that is what i remeber. correct me if i am wrong

·
Registered
30 Posts
what i remember reading is that the diameter is what has changed. the first and sec. gen where really big and teh mafs would read alot of air and in turn run lean. and from that you get your bogging not sure but that is what i remeber. correct me if i am wrong

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
builtforspeed said:
where did you read this? i tried a search but all i got were "aem vs injen" and "what kind of intake is best threads"...lol

·
Registered
30 Posts
it was in this forum it was a write up by blue bomber i think. there is also an awsome right up on how to cure the lagging problem completly with you CIA and you stock air box. it looks a little sketchy and the margin for error is kinda big if you are not machanically incline but the solution is awsome i will try to find it and get back to you

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
I'm not sure what the difference between Gens is, but either way, they still haven't solved the bogging problem. In the Injen CAI, it's caused by two things: the lack of MAFS fins (the biggest problem), and the fact that the MAFS is placed directly next to a bend. The lack of fins gives the MAFS false readings, and the uneven airflow from being next to a bend throws the readings off even more.
Originally posted by builtforspeed
teh mafs would read alot of air and in turn run lean. and from that you get your bogging not sure but that is what i remeber.
Actually, it's the exact opposite. The MAFS reads less air than what is actually entering the engine, so it tells the ECU to provide less fuel to match the air.
Originally posted by builtforspeed
it was in this forum it was a write up by blue bomber i think. there is also an awsome right up on how to cure the lagging problem completly with you CIA and you stock air box. it looks a little sketchy and the margin for error is kinda big if you are not machanically incline but the solution is awsome i will try to find it and get back to you
Actually, it's not very hard at all to get the piece out and in usable form. The hard part is if you want it to look presentable. Then you need to sand and dremel the bumps off, make the tube smooth using epoxy and more sanding, and then wetsand and paint it a few times. The mod has been sucessful 100% of the time in curing bogging/CELs caused by the intake. Here's a link to it:

http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=127861

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i just got a respose from INJEN and this is what they wrote:

> Dear sir,
>
> The changes made to the Celica GTS cold air intake (part# RD2046) are
mainly
> cosmetic. With manufacturing techniques changing we are able to produce a
> better fitting and an easily installed product. Horsepower gains are
still
> the same through each revision. To guarantee that you have the correct
item
> when purchasing, please buy from an authorized Injen retailer which can be
> found on www.injen.com.

hahahaahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaahahahahhah...i laugh at you...i laugh at you i say......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts