NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
00 gts, added an xplod head unit, and bypassed the stock amp and am using the TA-03. i hooked my sub up like a week ago and it wasnt working, i thought my amp was shot.
today i had to break really hard (someone pulled out in front of me) and the sub started working. it only works with the radio though, and not the cd player.

any ideas?

·
Registered
194 Posts
you might have your remote wire hooked up to a power antena lead on the back of the headunit. this would explain why the sub only gets power when the radio is on.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmmm... good point
thats the only wire i thought was a remote wire. thats the same one i had it hooked up to in my old car (90% sure on that one)
which wire do i need to hook it to?

·
Registered
194 Posts
the wire your looking for on the back of the head unit should be all blue (if i remember right) and the one you have it hooked to is blue and white stripe, (power antena) so just hook it to the blue power wire.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
k.. it stopped working today.
i think i just have a bad ground

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
wait..
ok the remote wire.. atleast on my headunit.. has like a connector on the end of it.. i had to cut it off.. so check for that.. and it has a tag on that says rem.

with your ground.. unless the ground is all the way off the amp and **** should still turn on.. it just will stop sending signals every so often.. where is it grounded to?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts