NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone suggest me any cheap lower than 100 dollar subs.
I found several kicker, Sony, audiobahn one on ebay.

Can I just power the sub from my panasonic deck without buying a amplifer right away?
What specification of my deck and the sub I have to look at?

Thanks
JJ

·
Registered
72 Posts
What ever you do dont hook the sub directly to your deck you will burn up you deck expecially if you get an S10L5 but the S10L7 is a better sub and prob wont cost much more

·
Registered
684 Posts
You won't be happy hooking your sub to your head unit. It will be way underpowering the sub and you risk damaging it due to distortion by turning up the volume to compensate for the lack of sound from the sub. Definitely look into getting a seperate amp for the sub. Kicker Comp VR, Kicker S10L5, JLW0 etc. are some good fairly cheap subs that don't need alot of power.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Impulse said:
You won't be happy hooking your sub to your head unit. It will be way underpowering the sub and you risk damaging it due to distortion by turning up the volume to compensate for the lack of sound from the sub. Definitely look into getting a seperate amp for the sub. Kicker Comp VR, Kicker S10L5, JLW0 etc. are some good fairly cheap subs that don't need alot of power.

A fully clipped signal can double in power... With this in mind, most HU's can put out around 20-25w rms so as long as the sub can handle 50w rms, there is no way it can be damaged running off the HU. Yes, it will sound like complete garbage, but will not be damaged.

A driver can only be damaged by overpowering it and/or exceeding the mechanical limits of the driver.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts