NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got behind a modded black SRT-4 about 2 days ago. I could tell it was modded but not sure to what extent. He had a exhaust and even though he had heavy tints I could see fancy guages inside and of course he was showing off his blow off valve. I got up next to him in the left lane and he dropped it. I followed and walked him pretty well while in 3rd gear but didn't go all out. I dropped back and let him get in front and lucky me he was making a turn on the same street I was going down. At the end of the turn he got on it again and I followed again passing him 2nd through 3rd gear. At this point it seemed like he didn't want to play anymore but we rolled up to a stop light and I was hoping I could get him going one last time. I reved it up a bit and heard him raise his as well so I could tell it was on. As the light turned green I had a pretty flawless launch and had a good 2+ cars on him before his tires even got traction. He stayed on it for a second longer and just gave up. U turn and a happy smile all the way home :)

·
Premium Member
3,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LightningRod said:
Nice kill. I hate those things. :thumbup:
Me too. These two kids driving one harassed me not too long after I got my car. I was still stock with a check engine light on and some bad hoses and diverter valves and not running super great at all. I vowed to lay down retribution when the time comes. The time has come. :D

·
Registered
680 Posts
Nice kill. Those Audis sure do pack some power, especially once you've modded.

·
Registered
625 Posts
static said:
LightningRod said:
Nice kill. I hate those things. :thumbup:
Me too. These two kids driving one harassed me not too long after I got my car. I was still stock with a check engine light on and some bad hoses and diverter valves and not running super great at all. I vowed to lay down retribution when the time comes. The time has come. :D
Why would anyone harass a stock Audi? Sounds like a bunch of jerks. Good kill.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
2ZZMan said:
1. Audis are fast. AWD and turbo...
2. SRT4 kids are 'jerks' and all have some complex where they think their sh*t don't stink
EDIT: ^^ Not all, but 99%

·
Premium Member
3,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
2ZZMan said:
I found that when people see the S4 badge they seem to have to prove themselves. I don't mind that but it sucks when your car isn't running right.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
static said:
2ZZMan said:
I found that when people see the S4 badge they seem to have to prove themselves. I don't mind that but it sucks when your car isn't running right.
I kinda remembered your car being an S4 but didn't wanna jump the gun by saying it. And I have to admit S4s are impressive machines. Have you ever talked to APR (Audi Performance Racing) in Auburn? From what I know they are one of the best Audi tuning shops around

·
Registered
321 Posts
static said:
2ZZMan said:
whenever i stop in at the main office i have to restrain myself from drooling on this sleek s4 in the parking lot. i need to start saving up for the rs 4. if i start now i'll be able to buy the '06 in about '16

·
Registered
936 Posts
Good kill! Hate SRT-4s ,Hate the owners even more. You know "someone" is gonna come in and start defending the Neon pretty soon. :chuckles: I hope I'm wrong tho

·
Premium Member
3,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
BHam00GT-S said:
I kinda remembered your car being an S4 but didn't wanna jump the gun by saying it. And I have to admit S4s are impressive machines. Have you ever talked to APR (Audi Performance Racing) in Auburn? From what I know they are one of the best Audi tuning shops around
The B5 S4's (1999-2001) are great to mod and have a good amount of aftermarket support. A Stage 2 setup like mine makes enough power to take out even the newer model S4's due to the twin turbo engine setup and lighter weight. APR is a real good company. I have their bi pipe in my car which is a direct fool proof replacement for faulty factory parts. I have a few more parts of theirs going in at some point. They are one of a good number of pure Audi tuners out there. Its nice to have that sort of support.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
static said:
BHam00GT-S said:
The B5 S4's (1999-2001) are great to mod and have a good amount of aftermarket support. A Stage 2 setup like mine makes enough power to take out even the newer model S4's due to the twin turbo engine setup and lighter weight. APR is a real good company. I have their bi pipe in my car which is a direct fool proof replacement for faulty factory parts. I have a few more parts of theirs going in at some point. They are one of a good number of pure Audi tuners out there. Its nice to have that sort of support.
Yeah, they aren't pure Audi anymore... Audis, VWs, and Porsches now. But they wouldn't even put me up on their dyno machine to test my car...

·
Premium Member
3,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
BHam00GT-S said:
Yeah, they aren't pure Audi anymore... Audis, VWs, and Porsches now. But they wouldn't even put me up on their dyno machine to test my car...
Well yeah.. the 3 are pretty closely nit at the moment so I guess it only made sense to branch out.

Seriously? Did they scoff at you when they saw your car wasn't Bavarian? :chuckles:

·
Registered
295 Posts
sell your S4 and get a RS4 convertable :D

(the RS4 has the V10 Gallardo engine, so it's more like a Lambo with an Audi badge)

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
static said:
BHam00GT-S said:
Well yeah.. the 3 are pretty closely nit at the moment so I guess it only made sense to branch out.

Seriously? Did they scoff at you when they saw your car wasn't Bavarian? :chuckles:
Actually, I had one employee agree to let me dyno my car there (only dyno in Auburn) if I gave him a little pot. This was back over a year ago (I'm sure a few ppl here know my past so I won't get into it here) thus the reason why I even said anything

·
Registered
625 Posts
BHam00GT-S said:
2ZZMan said:
1. Audis are fast. AWD and turbo...
2. SRT4 kids are 'jerks' and all have some complex where they think their sh*t don't stink
EDIT: ^^ Not all, but 99%
It doesn't matter to me how "fast" the car might be, when I see an Audi, the last thing I assume is that that person wants to race in any sort of way.

Mad Matt said:
sell your S4 and get a RS4 convertable :D

(the RS4 has the V10 Gallardo engine, so it's more like a Lambo with an Audi badge)
That's like saying the Celica GTS is a Lotus with a Toyota badge on it.

·
Registered
936 Posts
One time this S4 was tailgating me. I didnt think much of it till he got some room to pass me. He jumps into the next lane then hit the gas and just tookoff! I was like "Damn I didnt know S4s were that fast! :AF:" When I caught up at the light (after a minute or two) I wanted to make sure I was mistaken about what it was. Sure enough I saw the S4 badge and the Audi logo. Crazy thing was we were on twisty road going uphill and the S4 was that quick :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
SOAPY said:
Good kill! Hate SRT-4s ,Hate the owners even more. You know "someone" is gonna come in and start defending the Neon pretty soon. :chuckles: I hope I'm wrong tho
How can you judge someone by what they drive? That just seems silly. And I will only defend ONE SRT-4 owner. Only cuz he's one of my best drinkin buddies. :gap:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts