NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be getting a 5 point G-Force Camlock 3" harness in. Should I use the submarine belt? It's really meant for race seats, where there is an opening for the sub-belt, so I didn't know if this was necessary.

I will be doing autox events with it. Maybe one day track stuff (but if I remember right, no 5 points on the track w/o roll cage).

· Registered
2,157 Posts
Actually it's no shoulder harness without a cage.

The purpose of a sub belt is two fold. (B is the important one)
A) keeps one from submarining out of the belts.
B) keeps the lap belt properly positioned. Without a sub belt pulling down on the shoulder harness pulls the lap belt up into the stomach area and thats a very dangerous place.

I use a double sub (6 point harness) and it is OK to sit on your subs

· Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sit on the subs? so are yours looped through the back of the seat or are they mounted to the two front bolts of the seat?

For the 5 point, should I mount it where it's recommended (underneath) and just deal with the sub reaching all the way around through the front of the seat? I sat in a friend's car that did and it seemed a little awkward but it worked.

· Registered
1,078 Posts
I drilled a hole under the seat for the mounting bolt and put 3" backing plates top and bottom. We bring it up between the seat and the seat adjuster, just tuck it under the seat on the street.
Don't use the shoulder harness without the missnamed sub belt unless you're one of the guy's who also likes wearing the waistband of your pants under your ribcage, or a "cross your heart" bra! :)

It should be called the "anti-rise safety strap" to match it's function. The only way you could ever "submarine" your lap belt in an accident is if you were driving lying down.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.