NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 03 GT with the JBL 8 speaker system. I wanna hook up a sub, how can i do it? i tryed splicing it into the rear speaker but it didnt work. The sub was recieving power but nothing was coming out. I hooked up another speaker and that worked, but the sub wouldnt. So thinking that the stock system wasnt pumping out enough watts i went out and got an amp. The amp, however, cant be hooked up to the stock head unit because it doesnt have input/output plugs. Does anyone have an idea. I can go get a new head unit but i wanted it done for this weekend. please help.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Get a new Head Unit, and connect the amp to the Sub Pre-outs coming from the head unit. That is your best bet, there are ways to hook it up with what have, but its NOT recommended.

Mike

EDIT: I forgot to mention that if you do replace the head unit you will have to bypass the amp that is powering your JBL's and power them by either the HU or by another amp

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.