NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of u might know, my Celica was squeaking on cold mornings & cold rainy days. My dealer has agreed to change the belt pretensioner under warranty!

Then there was the Celica's creaking noise in the rear suspension when going over speed humps... the dealer is also gonna replace the rear suspension (dunno which parts yet) under warranty!

These two problems seem to be common even amongst US Celicas, but I've never heard of anyone here with those problems.

The dealer was Sydney City Toyota but maybe it was the service rep that made the difference... either way, i'm a happy guy. Havent got the car back yet but will get it tomorrow (tues) - can't wait!

· Registered
224 Posts
ehh.. me too. mine was changed a while ago too. had a rattling noise from belt pretensioner pulley.. but yes now ive been getting the squeelling noise on cold mornings or after car has been sitting around. back to the dealer for warranty again.. the noise is coming from the alternator pulley though, must be a bearing problem there too.
hmmm

· Registered
268 Posts
Valve Rattle

I had my tensioner replaced about 2 years ago.

Has anyone tried to make a warranty claim for the valve rattle noise from their engine. You know - the fluttering type noise that you can only hear when the engine is running with the bonnet up?

I thought it was just the characteristic 'toyota engine noise' but perhaps it is something a little more sinister?

Any comments?

· Registered
122 Posts
I have had my pulley tensioner replaced twice now..

I have rattles everywhere.. the back hatch is the worsed.. My exhaust makes it rattle, the sub makes it rattle as well.

Going in next week and not taking no for an answer. It is so not accceptable.

My doors also rattle from the factor speakers. Bloody annoying.

· Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was able to get rid of the alternator belt squeaking on load by rubbing some candle wax on the inside of the belt whilst it was running. That helps to remove moisture from it but u gotta be very careful about your fingers near moving parts if u r thinking about trying this.

The belt looks to be in excellent condition and the tensioner pulley is new so i hope that's an end to squeaking for now.

As for the hatch rattling, i get that too so i might try out the velcro solution.

· Registered
114 Posts
hahaha i forgot to meantion that i only stuck the soft fluffy part of the velcro to the edges (one on each side, as in left and right) under where the hatch sits and not actualy sticking them together. I hope this makes sence.... i need some english classes damn.

I dont mean velcro the hatch to the ledge lol
basicaly now when the odd bounce occurs i dont hear it because that little soft layer absorbs the niose :) :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.