NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to modify my Celica's handling ability. The car is already lowered on Tein springs and I want to improve the handling before doing serious engine modifications. What suggestions do you knowledgable Celi owners have?

·
Registered
8,261 Posts
Replace every suspension bushing with poly and change the sway bars.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah funny that you mention bushings. My car had insane squeaking issues because of the rear bushings! What about fuel pumps? I've been looking for one to put with injectors I got for the car, but not until I resolve a lean issue with the car.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Bushings and sways I highly agree, celicas are old now and it's time to replace those old rubber bushings

If you can find or make one I'd also highly recommend the SpeedFried Rear roll adjuster kit, basically a rear subframe lowering kit to lower the rear roll center of the celica. Well worth the money

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bushings and sways I highly agree, celicas are old now and it's time to replace those old rubber bushings

If you can find or make one I'd also highly recommend the SpeedFried Rear roll adjuster kit, basically a rear subframe lowering kit to lower the rear roll center of the celica. Well worth the money
Any links for this or just plain searching? As I mentioned before, solving the lean issue is priority #1

·
Registered
8,261 Posts
Replace the intake manifold gaskets. P0171 - System too lean Bank 1, right?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Replace the intake manifold gaskets. P0171 - System too lean Bank 1, right?
Yes, this code had disappeared when I replaced the EGR and cleaned the MAF, but reappeared now with a strange chirping noise similar to a cricket.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts