NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
19,597 Posts
not exactly. depends on the brand and quality of the coilovers. of you buy some cheap CO's like the ones u find on ebay, i think lots of people would prefer trd springs or something like that because of the quality.

·
Registered
393 Posts
i got skunk2 coilovers and they are great....but he is right, if u get osme cheap coilovers you'll hate to even drive your car

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
i like coilovers only because i show my car and like to have it slammed when i go to the shows. I have Skunk2's and they have been really good for me so far. Of course, now i'm sick of having to jack the car up every time I want to change the ride height so I just got an air ride suspension installed. Can you say PSSSSSTTTTTTT PSSSSSSTTTTT (up/down/side-side/pancake it baby!!)

·
Registered
8,790 Posts
beth said:
i like coilovers only because i show my car and like to have it slammed when i go to the shows. I have Skunk2's and they have been really good for me so far. Of course, now i'm sick of having to jack the car up every time I want to change the ride height so I just got an air ride suspension installed. Can you say PSSSSSTTTTTTT PSSSSSSTTTTT (up/down/side-side/pancake it baby!!)
rice rice baby....:naughty:

·
Registered
486 Posts
get hotchkis which is a little bit more lower then the trd... trust me you'll like it alot.... if you want a even lower drop i would suggest the eibach sportlines... i wouldn't go lower then that..

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
HilfigerCelica said:
Hey beth, I bet that air suspension made your car handle like crap.
i dunno yet- i'm getting the car back this saturday. Even if it does handle like crap, i don't care cuz I'm "All show, no Go".........

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Jusone36 said:
i have hotchkis and i wish i went lower :(

It's not Hotchkis fault. Hotchkis designs their suspension components for handling rather than looks. If you want your wheels tucked it's gonna make your car handle worse. Lowering your car will make it handle better but only to a certain point.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Get coilovers.

That way YOU choose how low you want to go, instead of being stuck at one height that you're probably not gonna be completely staisfied with.

I recommend skunk2s as well. Most bang for the buck.

P.S. If you do decide to go with springs DONT get Hotchkis or TRD, most people won't even believe your car is lowered if you do. (drop is barely noticeable)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts