NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone successfully wired there Sun roof to thier alarm system to allow for remote control? My alarm has an output that can be used to remotly control something. I want to be able to open the sunroof with it, so that on a hot day I can open it up all the way to allow the heat to start escaping the car before I get in it. It would also be cool if there was some way to tell if it was all the way open, so that the same remote control feature would then close it for me, but I'm more interested in just being able to open it. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

·
Registered
437 Posts
hey I got the compu-star alarm, and I got mine to work with the remote, i can auto start my car, roll my windows up, open and close my sunroof all with my remote, I can also open it just a crack(like if you were in your car and pushed the sunroof button once), or I can open it all the way, or i can open it and stop it where ever I like, same thing when I close it, I can close it anywhere I like or all the way with the buttons on my remote.....so it can be done as far as how to do it....sorry man can't help you out there....but just thought you might want to know that it can be done....I don't know if this helps but....later

Superman
(jerry)

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The problem I'm run into is getting power to the sunroof when the car isn't on. I'm looking over my wiring diagram book, to try and figure it out. I think I'm making progress, but was hoping someone on here already knew how to do it in a hopefully simple way. It looks like it's going to require a couple of relays to get it to work (at least with my alarm).

·
Registered
41 Posts
I had a question, I followed your instructions exactly but it didnt work and when I put the wires back to where they were originally I could open my sunroof but I cant close it now. I think it burnt out the closing relay on the sunroof module because I cant here it click like when it does when I open it. Please help me out if you can. Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts