NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today I tied to open the sunroof but it won't open or do anything. When I press and hold the open button nothing happens. I can actually hear what sounds like a slight click, only once.

Can't remember the last time it actually opened as its been cold where I live and have t had a need to open the sunroof. Today the weather is in the 50s so I tried to open the sunroof but found it to not be working.

First thing I did was check the fuse. Looked ok to me, didn't seem blown or anything. I then took apart the assembly that holds the sunroof open/close button and the interior light bulb to see if there was a loose wore somehow. Everything looked ok. I disconnected the the wires from the switch and reconnected it just to see if somehow that dos anything. Again, nothing.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Test the fuse for continuity with the multimeter - looks can be deceiving.
Same with the switch. Verify that there is power at the switch with the key on. Test the connections for open-close continuity (or not).
Ask a friend to work the switch while you gently push up and down on the sunroof panel. It may just be stuck from winter ****.
Hope this helps from a DIY perspective.
Dentman

·
Registered
6 Posts
So today I tied to open the sunroof but it won't open or do anything. When I press and hold the open button nothing happens. I can actually hear what sounds like a slight click, only once.

Can't remember the last time it actually opened as its been cold where I live and have t had a need to open the sunroof. Today the weather is in the 50s so I tried to open the sunroof but found it to not be working.

First thing I did was check the fuse. Looked ok to me, didn't seem blown or anything. I then took apart the assembly that holds the sunroof open/close button and the interior light bulb to see if there was a loose wore somehow. Everything looked ok. I disconnected the the wires from the switch and reconnected it just to see if somehow that dos anything. Again, nothing.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
6 Posts
So how where u able to disconnect the wires to check, I don’t c where they can b disconnected😩

·
Registered
6 Posts

Any suggestions?
How did u disconnect the wires from the open and close switch…please!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts