NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am quoting someone from JDMCivic.com, so don't give me props for finding this..

I think this is awesome! I wanna go on Grand opening day.. anyone else wanna go?
Yep... you guessed it. Its coming to O.C. sooner than we all thought.
Theres a thread in the So Cal forum about this and what we all think about it, but I thought id share this with everyone.

Yesterday, I decided to take a drive down Beach Blvd to look at a couple of rumored spots on where Super Autobacs is going to be... and sure enough, the first place I came up on I found it. If you can only imagine the freaking size of this building... seriously, its about 40-50,000 square feet. I snuck around and snapped a few pics:
The signage was being erected as I was watching it all...

This is the South side of the building... this will be the retail entrance to the building.

Here is a shot (of my car) and the North side of the building. This is where all of the service bays and machine shop is.

I snuck around back, wanting to get a look inside. All i could get was a shot of the service bay area. The retail area was closed off... I soon after got kicked out.

The debate thus far is whether or not SA is going to bring all the stuff we could ever dream of over to the states... or if they are going to be just a huge JDM Pep Boys. If they were to do the first thing I mentioned, I think it would create a huge "Grey Market" as well as kill off a lot of local small businesses (shops).

Soooo.... what do you all think?

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
You'll get one next year.. the East coast is always behind when it comes to Imports Culture... according to the DVD's Ive seen anyway.... at least you have one.. we might have one in the UK in 10 years!

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
what is an autobacs?
i remember it having something to do with an MR-S... and gran turismo? super autobacs MR-S... somehting like that.

it looks like its the size of a costco

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
FriedRice said:
what is an autobacs?
i remember it having something to do with an MR-S... and gran turismo? super autobacs MR-S... somehting like that.

it looks like its the size of a costco
www.superautobacs.com

It's like a Pep Boys with aftermarket parts.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
but pep boys already has aftermarket parts...

like dodge ram light shields, cheap headunits, tacky neons, ugly shift knobs, type R seatbelt covers, chrome hub caps, and useless interior lights.

what more can you want?

·
635RWHP / 550RWTQ
8,659 Posts
this might kill a lot of small shops off though. Also, with how strick CARB is could we see a watered down Autobacs here in the CA?

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
ArchangelX said:
Speaking of that, Bobbeh...just how big is the import culture over there?

Is it easy to get parts and mods? :confused:
Its not bad, there are lots of companies and importers popping up all over the place.. there have been Jap (JDM) imports (not UK spec versions) coming over here for about 15 years now as there is no need for much conversion to be done to them.

AFAIK, the Rx7 scene is small but enthusiastic.. only about 500 Rex's in the UK and 130 are UK specs. You should be ok for parts, you can get most stuff imported direct from Japan.. im waiting on my exhuast system, been about 7 weeks so far.. still waiting. (hopefully for not much longer)

Its growing bigger all the time. Theres still a hughe Ford/Vauxhall/French car modding culture, but the Jap car scene is getting big with people ditching their Euro cars for Japmobiles :D

You'll have to come to the Japanese Auto Extrvaganza in July @ Billing in Northamptonshire.. not far from you and me. Huge meet with cars of every type there.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Hehe thanks :D and .. err. you can look at my Sup :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.