NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I'd go hotchkis if I was you, they have adjustable ride height (i don't know what the max drop is) plus their shocks are short body shocks so it will recover some of the shock movement you loose due to lowering the car. Any other sping shock combo probably won't work as good because most of the other shocks on the market are full height and you will just be riding on the bump stop all the time if you lower it too much.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WAR said:
I'd go hotchkis if I was you, they have adjustable ride height (i don't know what the max drop is) plus their shocks are short body shocks so it will recover some of the shock movement you loose due to lowering the car. Any other sping shock combo probably won't work as good because most of the other shocks on the market are full height and you will just be riding on the bump stop all the time if you lower it too much.
i see
i saw the complete hotchkis set for about 1115$ somewhere
can anyone compare the pros and cons of it to the TEIN SS
also does n e one know the max drop on the hotchkis

·
Registered
884 Posts
The drops are all adjustable. Look at the hotchkiss celica, its like an inch from the ground. But, it can be raised to almost stock height.

The best suspension for the celica is the hotchkiss.

1. Hotchkiss
2. JIC Magic
3. Tein SS

All three of these are coilover adjustable suspensions. You can buy the hotchkiss complete set with sway bars, camber links etc... for abour 2700. This might seem crazy, but you will spank everyone during autocross.
JIC Magic and Teins are comparable. They are just coilever shocks + springs. They do not include sway bars, etc... There are two types of JIC magic, and there are two types of Teins. It all depends on how much money you want to spend. I think the cheapest are the Tein SS which you can get for around 1000-1200?? The most expensive of the coilovers is the JIC magic FLTA2 which you can get for 1615.

Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts