NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i will soon be installing hotchkis sway bars and had a question. right now my suspension mods are:

Kyb Agx Shocks
Hotchkis springs(will be swapped with GC coils soon)
Cusco lower tiearm bar
stock endlinks

I know that Tien/Hotchkis causes endlink problems but is that tien/hotchkis setup specific? or is it any kind of set up. I even read that hypermotive endlinks might snap due to the stiffness.

Also i'm looking to set up the suspension towards oversteer. for the sways what should i set them at and why? i've been in cars with tien/hotchkis set up and it felt like i was riding a go kart. i wasn't sure if it was the coils or the sways doing the work. if some one can explain in detail of the sway bars that would be greatly appriciated.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by MicaCeli
DO NOT put GC coils on your car. You will hate the ride.
hehe, my friend has gc coils with kyb agx and i actually like the ride :) i guess each person has different taste

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
jdm-style[/i] [B]I know that Tien/Hotchkis causes endlink problems but is that tien/hotchkis setup specific? or is it any kind of set up. I even read that hypermotive endlinks might snap due to the stiffness. [/B][/QUOTE]Stock and Hypermotive should work fine with your current setup. The front Hotchkis springs only lower 1.4" said:
hehe, my friend has gc coils with kyb agx and i actually like the ride :) i guess each person has different taste
I guess the AGXs are stiff enough to control them, just like Konis. I know with stock struts, you'd be bouncing all over the place because the GC's spring rates are way to high for the stock struts to control.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts