·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
some coil over kits (like hotchkis) use shortened shock bodies, but most don't (I don't believe tein does, atleast mine don't look shorter and I got Teinn HA's). The shortened shock body will allow you to recover some of the lost shock stroke, but you max ride height will be shorter and once you start droping lower then max height you will be loosing shock stroke, but you will always keep that little bit extra stroke that the short body shock will give you if you have them.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the TEIN SS and I saw the pics you posted of your HA's, and I could see that overall the strut is the same hieght, but because the TEIN's lower the car are you losing suspension travel, compared to the stock suspension travel, even thought the spring is made for that shock?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
when i lower my car I loose suspension (shock) travel just like if you had stock shocks and put lowering springs on. When you lower the car you automatically reduce the amount of suspension travel you have (even if you get short body shocks). Short body shock will allow you to recover approx. 1/2 the suspension travel lost but only if you have them made for the exact height that you are running or run them at their max height. Otherwise you loose 1/2 of the suspension travel that the shock body was shoftened for (so you keep 1/2 of that travel) and then you loose 100% of all the suspension travel after that if you lower it any more. This is just a result of lowering cars and there is no way around it on our cars.

Some cars have whats refered to as "packers" (mostly just race cars and serious race cars at that) and the packers allow you to raise and lower the car while retaining full suspension travel, but this set up is very rare and is usually only of fully endurance racing cars or single seater formula type cars.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts