NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My rear end makes clunking/tapping sound every time i go over a bump. I thought it was just the the spring at first because i didnt have a boot cover on. But i had put those on and they still make noise. Im starting to think its not my Tein SS thats makin the sound, because when i shake the car from outside they dont make any sound at all. So if anyone can help me i would really appreciated. its really getting on my nerves.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oneblackgts said:
did you recently change your sway bar? or hit any large bump? Check the bolts on the endlinks and sway bar?
i have Trd sways for while now, but never hit any large bumps. But i will check the endlinks, thanks

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
I bet its the rims not being seated on the hubs right.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
if hes on the rims in his pics those are painted stock rims, no hub issues there, i bet its the endlink or a dead shock. SS's go out pretty quick if you have it set to low, esp the rears.

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
My stock ones did the same thing, all endlinks, sways shocks struts fine.

·
Registered
716 Posts
The only 3 things it can be are rear endlinks, heatshield, or rear sway bar bushings for stock.

I talked to the parts manager at Toyota. He said he has seen many failed bushings for the rear sways. He told me to try that first. I belive it's $10 for the bushings and the back is simple.

The back of my car makes noises. The same noises. I know for a fact it's the endlinks for my case (100,000 miles). I think the mechanics at the next to last shop tried to take them off and couldn't for some reason, hence ruining them. The next place said they are done and couldn't take them off (for what reason taking them off, I don't know).

Toyota charges $120 for the rear links. No place online has them. No one has them or anything better except for Toyota.

Try the heatshield first, the bushings next, and if all else fails order new endlinks or make your own.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i found out the problem, it was my left rear endlink. The nut seems to have loosen itself and flew off while i was driving. so my endlink was just hangin there. thanks for your help guys. BTW i order new rear endlink from toyota and it was $28 with employee discount.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts