Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys
suspension newbie here
i want the hotckis total car kit or whateverr they call it
do i need it
i want my car dropped pretty low, to look clean, and to perform well
do i need camber links and all those little parts that come withsome kits?
i dont really know wta they do
my purpose is mainly for street use, although hotchkis doesnt sell the shocks with its street kit
what should i do?

also, how does hotchkis sways compare to other aftermarket sways, both price and performance wise
thanks so much for ur help!

·
Registered
8,790 Posts
i have the whole hotchkis setup including the shocks and the car handles like a dream.....:)

you can adjust the coilovers around 3 inches but they dont recommend going anything over 2"

also you can contact j.c. at hotckistuning and he will be more than happy to answer your question his # is 1877-4NO-ROLL

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
yup i cant stress enough how good hotchkis is, you cant go wrong with their products, i had a problem with my camber alignment not staying still, and talked to someone, they are sending me new hardware and such to help out the problem. They have GREAT customer service as well as a great product. Thanks again to hotchkis for helping me out.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if i am comparing hotckis shocks and springs to TEIN SS, can anyone say anything

also, anyone know the best price (what store) to get a kit at
i would like shocks and springs, and ppl tell me i need a camber kit to go along with that

i noticed TEIN doesnt have a camber kit that comes with the coilover kit

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Unless you drop the car over 2", you don't need camber links. Some people want to have no wheel gap and would give up some performance for a slammed ride: Skunk2, GroundControl, Tannabe SuperDown and Eiback Sportlines are what you want in this case. Some people want springs for performance but also want a little bit of a drop: Hotchkis, H&R, TRD, and Eiback Prokit are the springs to get in this case.

As far as sway bars, Hotchkis and TRD are the only bars that includes the front and rear bar. Suspension Technique offers only the rear bar. I can't say anything about TRDs because I don't have any experience with their sway bars but I do own Hotchkis sway bars and these things rock. The car feels so flat around corners. You'll notice the decrease body roll immediately. I recommend them and would get them again. There's a GP going on in the GP forum on all Hotchkis products, give Bottle from Titanmotorsports a call. I got my Hotchkis parts from them and they rock. Bottle also sells Tein products too.

About the tires, what exactly do you mean by "fat?" Do you want them to be wider or taller? I see that you have 17" wheels, you won't have any issues with clearances.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
by fat i mean wider (not sidewall thickness)
i have 215 .. ie. 215mm thick, although if i go with 18" wheels i may have to have 225 or 235

u say i dont need camber links unless i go more than 2", but is a 2" drop enough do get rid of the wheel gap?

what is the max drop on the TEIN
i porb wont even go to the max, i just wanna buy something flexible
i dont wanna find out the max drop is not enough for my taste

1 - 9 of 9 Posts