NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 2001 Celica Gt Automatic with a 2005 1zz in it, approx. 80k miles on it. I decided to time my 0-60 from a stop twice and both times it was around 10.5 seconds. :O I take pretty good care of my car, I don't run it to death. I put new NGK plugs about 5,000 miles ago when I swapped the engine and I changed the oil about 2,500 miles ago (probably due for another one soon). The only extra weight I had over the factory weight was me (145lbs), half a tank of gas, and two 10" subs in a relatively small box. aren't our cars supposed to be running like a 8.5, or at least a 9.0? I'm just trying to figure out why it's so bloody slow...

· Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hahahaha, yeah, I know, I'm not trying to get it to be fast, I know that's a lost cause by now XD but I've heard and seen people record times as low as 8.8 with stock Gt Automatic, mine is almost 2 seconds slower than that, there has to be something wrong there.

· Registered
4,294 Posts
I don't know... you might be doing something wrong. Auto is slow.... but 10 sec is way to slow. I got around 8 or maybe 9, never 10 sec.

· Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just timed it again and it was 11.3 this time! :O I'm in San Antonio temperate was around 80 and we're only like, 500-750 feet above sea level, so I shouldn't lose any time there...I have no idea, man...there is no way it should be that low...my engine is running fine though, or so it seems. the only check engine light code I have is for a fouled O2 sensor...I guess I need to investigate and see if that's somehow actually affecting it...

· Registered
139 Posts
Get some new tires

· Registered
2,314 Posts
Once again, that's an auto. Lindsay's auto gt was mid 10 o
0-60. You're looking up times for a manual
You aren't going to have an 8 second 0/60 time. No way is your auto gt going to be only a second slower than a manual gts
Xxgaxx13 nailed it from the second post

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.