NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last night i went to the track with some friends from clubrsx.com and i first met up with my buddy who has a stock 02 silver rsx-s. i only got to run once.... me vs. him (his first time at the track)

we line up and i powerbrake to 2.5..... i get a .532 RT and im off... shifted through the gears manually, but was a bit too aggresive and accidentally stalled on both shifts (for about a second each)... he got a bad launch from what he says and just dumped it @ 2k or so... his RT was something like 1.2.. at the end he was gaining fast, as soon as we hit the finish he was dead even with me and passed me... i ran a 17.2 :( and he got a 16.7.... i was very disappointed because like i said my goal is to break 16's.. which i think is reasonable considering i stalled on both shifts. ah well twas fun.. theres a few pics below..

rsx-s and suzee @ gas station

rsx-s and suzee pissing off people because they're blocking 3 pumps :p

rsx-s and suzee lining up at the track

·
Registered
177 Posts
which track did you go to? (Nice Pics by the way!)

·
Registered
177 Posts
ahhhh. Im obviously always in the wrong places cause i never see any other celicas. I was beginning to think i was the only one around here

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
he ran a 16.7 in a RSX-S?

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it was his first time at a track and hes 17 and he was really nervous due to the fact that hundreds of people were watching

·
Registered
493 Posts
they dont make auto RSX-s

·
Registered
177 Posts
I live in Hoover. About a half a mile down from the new Rave movie theater

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
16.7 in an RSX-S? :wtf: Aren't those cars supposed to be much easier to drive and keep in the powerband? I can understand awkward times in a 6spd GT-S, but an RSX-S? Oh well, can only get better from there I suppose (I hope) :thumbup:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Whoa whoa now.. I gotta take up for myself.

It was my first time at the track. My first run EVER was against him.

He FAILED to mention I got a 15.4 by the end of the night.. my friend (black stock RSX-S) got a 15.2 by the end of the night. I think I did pretty well for it being my first time at the track and a humid warm night.

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
this post wasnt about your track times you salad =P i didnt post to lsit your times, although 15.4 for a first night at the track is good IMHO. i thuoght fox got a 15.1?

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
SilverRSXS said:
Whoa whoa now.. I gotta take up for myself.

It was my first time at the track. My first run EVER was against him.

He FAILED to mention I got a 15.4 by the end of the night.. my friend (black stock RSX-S) got a 15.2 by the end of the night. I think I did pretty well for it being my first time at the track and a humid warm night.
Ahhh, mucho better :thumbup: 15.4 is quite different from 16.7. A 16.7 is like stock 1983 RX-7 times.

·
Registered
86 Posts
16.7 yeah he is a rookie base times are better then that with practive he'll get better My first time ever I ran a 14.9 on stock rubber just a i/e i cant wait for spring to run it now

1 - 18 of 18 Posts