NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im swapping trannys this weekend, going for the 6spd and im really excited. what are some benefits, (pros and cons) to expect. also would this allow my celi to go faster( achieve greater speeds) due to the extra gear, since the celis have a rev limiter instead of a speed governor? would this benefit me for future mods? and if so what r some u guys can think of?

·
Instagram @ Aguilarg93
1,246 Posts
depending on years you could encounter bad synchros. i have a c60 on my 1zz and i have slight grind in 3rd when fluids are cold.

you do get a slighter aceleration but nothing major.

less noise in highway.

·
Daddy Daycare
20,280 Posts
what are some benefits, (pros and cons) to expect.
Benefits are more relaxed cruising at highway, better fuel economy, a little bit improved acceleration. You will not gain top speed. The Celica is drag-limited and since the C60 top gear is different than the European Celicas you won't be able to overcome the drag with less top end than a GT-S.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The year idk. The guy said it was basically new with only 11k I will be using high end tranny fluid. Any recommendations?

·
Celestial
534 Posts
My swap went pretty easy, except I found out the hard way my c60 axle seals were cracked. Noticed one side was leaking, replaced it. 10 minutes later the other side starts leaking. I would recommend replacing the seals for a complete install.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How much do seals cost? I have an extra 100 bucks to replace things, I wanna replace throw out bearing, seals I guess, what else? Also what kind of tranny oil do u guys recommend?

·
DOИ'T bE BEETCH!
3,251 Posts
Transmission side: axle seals, throwout bearing, input shaft seal
Engine side: (optional) rear main seal, clutch+plate, resurface flywheel

I replaced all the seals on my C60, but it had 80K on it, yours only has 15K, I'd still replace the axle seals.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i JUST put in a brand new clutch kit about 4 months ago, and resurfaced the flywheel. plus the guys is sending me his c60's clutch along. so so far what i got is this: throwout bearing, axle seals, lightweight shockproof from redline, input shaft seals and i guess i'll also put a rear main seal. the guy i got the tranny from decided to do their own thing and send it through fedex (oh..my..****ing..god) so now it's turkeyday, they have rescheduled my delivery date 3 TIMES already. originally i asked to be sent through greyhound as it is cheaper, and it gets here in one day, he however decided to do his own thing send it through fedex, spend more money (MY money) waste more time (my time). it WAS supposed to get here monday, but no suprise,it wont be here till friday now. annnd my mechanic said he wont be able to work on it until at LEAST monday holy ****ING ****. SO, while im at it, i think (since im gonna be out of a car for basically another week) have him fix EVERYTHING thats wrong with my car,i have an idling problem, it used to be when it was still on neutral or when cruising, i cleaned the maf sensor and now its only when cruising. and a little while still. i have a CEL which last time i got it checked they told me i could be a small exhaust leak... huh?

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
you can still use the c56 flywheel w the c60 apperantly tho (for the swap atleast) and yea i know the clutch is the same, but it's always good to have an extra clutch just in case

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
May want to clarify if this new trans is from a matrix/vibe gt.

If so you will need to drill and tap new holes for the shift linkage, drill a new hole for the select shaft and plug the old select shaft hole.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts