NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had about 2000 wasted dollars put into my old honda, now i want to move most of it in my celi because the stock just is too quite. How much would be a good price for swapping everything around?

·
Registered
659 Posts
if this is all you r runnin, u should run all the wires urself and then have a stereo shop connect them. shouldnt cost no more than 60.00 if that

·
Registered
453 Posts
in this area labor at most shops is basically the same

speaker install $35-$40 per pair plus any parts needed ( speaker harnesses add $20 )

radio insatll $55-$65 plus any parts needed ( dash kit and wire harness add $40 )

2 channel sub amp $55 plus any parts needed ( amp wiring kit $45 and up )

4 channel amp $65 plus any parts needed, same as above ( add $20-$30 for extra rca cables, distribution blocks etc )

and there should be no charge to just drop in your sub box if there is leave that shop and go to the next one, as far as the comment of run your own wires to save the money most shops wont do anything to your car if you started the install, for liability purposes, if you wired something wrong and it fries your equipment or screws up your car they are then responsible, so hope this gives you an idea as to what direction you are headed

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
do it yourself you lazy butt pirate...buy the amp kit and harness and do it...why waste so much money for an install you can do yourself?

·
Registered
419 Posts
Dual subs? the stupid Best Buy brand??? how did you manage to drop 2 g's on THAT???

you must have a killer HU touch screen with navi, or super expensive fosgates (I hate Rockford Fostgate stuff)... I have an Alpine HU (the model right before the DVD player, no touch screen, single din, with the KCA-420i iPod controller), infinity component 6.5" + 1" tweeters in the front, (I am planning on high quality 4" additionally for the front), 2 6.5" infinity 2 way speakers for the back and an Alpine Type R sub, in a sealed box on a monoblock amp, and i dropped about 1500... so again, how the FAWK did you spend 2000 and end up with pre-packaged Bust Buy subs?

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
do it yourself!! I installed my moms system....and im 14! If i can do it.. you can do it easily!

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
SlamminS85 said:
Dual subs? the stupid Best Buy brand??? how did you manage to drop 2 g's on THAT???
dual is not a best buy brand. yes, best buy carries them, but that does not mean it's their brand...

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
jayspeedy24 said:
do it yourself you lazy butt pirate...buy the amp kit and harness and do it...why waste so much money for an install you can do yourself?
Grow up!!!

duals suck yes, but they specialize in subs. I think they sounds great for the money..

·
Registered
419 Posts
ragingpaseo said:
dual is not a best buy brand. yes, best buy carries them, but that does not mean it's their brand...
well no kidding, but who else carries them? I thought they were like whatever brand EOS or whatever at circuit city. Just because it has a different names doesnt mean its not their brand... look at Tide.... they are proctor and gamble, they are produced by the same company that makes GAIN... different "brands" same company.

So, with thtat in mnind, who makes dual, because their sales are too low and they are too crappy to stay afloat on their own.

·
O_o
7,222 Posts
Wal-mart carries Dual, that should tell you something

And, all you really need to do is look up some basic wiring diagrams, and save the money, do it yourself. I'm sure there are MANY knowledgeable people on the boards who can help if you have questions.

BTW, if anyone cared to hit the Wal-mart link.....thats the craptacular stereo I got from Best Buy, that I had to bring back three times before they said it was junk.

And if anyone cares to make fun, I saw this pic of 140 GT's dash with the same model in his gallery :rofl:

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Wow there are some real *******s in here but thanks for the ones that are not!

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Phatsprinter said:
Wow there are some real *******s in here but thanks for the ones that are not!
actually, i'm every bit of an A-hole as anybody here, but i dislike :newbie: who talks crap...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts