NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im swapping my 2zz for another 2zz in about a week or so. im just taking out the old motor and putting in the new motor. thats it!!! taking out, putting in! no new tranny, ecu, or any other sort. ok, now what are the neccessary parts that i will need to replace after taking out the old motor? meaning are there any seals, gaskets, or any thing like that that i will need to replace just because. or will all the old parts be reuseable? i know they should, but just in case it is inevitable that some parts just needs to be replaced. anyone who has done a swap please help me out. i would like the swap to be done in one weekend and not have to order parts. or for that matter, order parts ahead of time. thanks

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Originally posted by futureceli
im swapping my 2zz for another 2zz in about a week or so. im just taking out the old motor and putting in the new motor. thats it!!! taking out, putting in!

i hate it when people are redundant and repeat themselves.... how about new lift bolts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Depends on how much of the new engine will be swapped over. If you're re-using the intake and exhaust manifolds from your current engine, you'll need those gaskets. If you're only swapping in a short block (just the block, pistons, crank etc.) and re-using your current head, you'll need a head gasket and maybe a valve cover gasket (the latter can be usually be re-used successfully.) You may also need head bolts (required on some engines, I'm not sure about the 2zz.)

Check the condition of your motor and transmission mounts - now would be a good time to change them if they're starting to go.

Since you'll have full access to your clutch, I'd recommend changing the clutch, pressure plate and release bearing (unless these parts have been changed recently.)

Dielectric grease for installing the coil packs would be a good idea.

Oh, and of course motor oil and coolant - change both after you've installed the engine.

·
O.G. Original Gluesniffer
8,944 Posts
futureceli said:
im swapping my 2zz for another 2zz in about a week or so. im just taking out the old motor and putting in the new motor. thats it!!! taking out, putting in! no new tranny, ecu, or any other sort. ok, now what are the neccessary parts that i will need to replace after taking out the old motor? meaning are there any seals, gaskets, or any thing like that that i will need to replace just because. or will all the old parts be reuseable? i know they should, but just in case it is inevitable that some parts just needs to be replaced. anyone who has done a swap please help me out. i would like the swap to be done in one weekend and not have to order parts. or for that matter, order parts ahead of time. thanks
http://www.newcelica.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=8

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CeliKill180 said:
i hate it when people are redundant and repeat themselves.... how about new lift bolts
uh.....im not going into the engine at all!!!! READ.....thats why i was redundant.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
thanks for the info....im just swapping the old engine and putting in a new one....im swapping the long block...

for those that have done a 2zz ---> 2zz swap, what are some of the things that you had to replace in the process? hopefully this is a little more clear.

·
Registered
50 Posts
you have to take the right axel off - just slide it out dont try to unbolt it from the block its hard as hell to get at.

new gaskets and new o-rings for the injecters

1 - 7 of 7 Posts