·
Spanning Tree Storm
1,258 Posts
Retrieving from grave.
Will these work with my BC coilovers?

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
I have a pair of front Powergrids I just took off of mine when I installed the BC Racing coils that come with endlinks. I didn't think the Powergrids were going to get short enough. I've not cleaned them up yet for sale...

·
Spanning Tree Storm
1,258 Posts
I have contacted them. They don't seem very certain if they will fit. If I measure the BC end links already installed, they can tell me i guess if they will fit?

·
2,644 Posts
that'd be your best bet, i made the mistake of ordering a new OEM sized endlink for my bc's, waste of 30 bucks i guess, i've contacted BC, they apparently sell the endlinks (but i have a year long warranty still in effect thankfully), why not just stick with BC's endlinks?

·
Spanning Tree Storm
1,258 Posts
Because,
1. they lasted a couple of years.
2. Question: When you change height on adjustable coilovers, shouldn't you change end link length? If not may be i consider put again from BC and change them again in the future

·
Ultraviolent
7,921 Posts
Sway bars are mounted on the chassis, so when you lower the car the chassis drops but the bars drops too. But it is also still attached to the damper so the lower ride height causes preload on the sway bar. When I did the my calculations it was something around .33" shorter endlink to compensate for every 1" drop.

·
Spanning Tree Storm
1,258 Posts
^^^ Thank you very much, sir.

I talked to them, they are waiting to measure my (BC) endlinks end they will produce the endlinks for me (if they haven't anything that will fit I guess). They really answer fast and show much interest.
So when I go back home (I am on a business travel) I will measure and order from them.
I hope I can explain my mechanic what he has to do so he can adjust them properly.

·
Spanning Tree Storm
1,258 Posts
I measured them, they are 22 cm (ball centre)

·
Registered
232 Posts
I recently had this trouble too. Im going to ksport coils and hotchkis sway bar kit. I bought these front sway bar links and they seem to be way too small. The ball joints are facing the same direction which didn't seem correct! (unfortunately I don't have the factory ones to confirm that). But I'm working with whiteline who is trying to help me find the correct size. This should be a big deal to consider when lowering your car. But it really hasn't been covered on this forum yet, that I'm aware of.

http://www.aftermarketsuspensionparts.com/proddetail.asp?prod=W23185_front

1 - 20 of 23 Posts