NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to get a pair of hotchkis sway bars off of bottle in a little while, and my question is: should I get the hotchkis street sways, or the comp sways? and also what the difference (drivabilitiy) between the two?

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
I prefer the Comp sways. Their rear sways are stiffer than Street, so they alter the handling of the car, eliminating most instances of understeer and adding some oversteer at the limit. The street sways will maintain the car's stock handling attributes (understeer). Both will increase the speed at which you can take turns, but the Comps will increase speed at the limit since your front tires won't be slipping.

BTW, please resize your sig. It's huuuuuge. ;) 500x250px max.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the help, I was figuring I was prolly gonna end up getting the comps. and about the sig, thanks for calling it to my attention. I've been wanting to scale it down but I never got around to it.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
and another question, I have TEIN basic coilovers, that won't pose any kind of a problem with the install right? and how hard is the install. (I did the coilovers and I doubt it's harder then them.

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Hmmm, I've heard of a few instances of people breaking endlinks (stock and Hypermotive) with Tein coilovers and Hotchkis sway bars. You might want to see if Hotchkis still sells their endlinks (not listed on their site anymore). They'll definitely withstand the stiffness of the sways.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
do you think bottle has a set of 'em?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Not to step on your toes Blue Bomber, but get the street sways. If you are asking between the two then you should get the street. Stock endlinks should be more than fine for you and if you're worried get the Hypermotive ones or the Hotchkis ones (whichever is cheaper). No need to worry if you're asking.

·
Registered
277 Posts
About the endlinks - Hotchkis still makes the endlinks. I ordered a set (front and rear) for $185 directly from Hotchkis about a month ago.

But the front links are significatly shorter than stock. So if your running stock struts they probably won't work.

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Originally posted by abilko
About the endlinks - Hotchkis still makes the endlinks. I ordered a set (front and rear) for $185 directly from Hotchkis about a month ago.

But the front links are significatly shorter than stock. So if your running stock struts they probably won't work.
So they're not adjustable, then?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Blue Bomber said:
Hmm, why do you suggest the Streets over the Comps? I had no problem with my sway setup (equivalent to the Comps).
Because that's you and me. You should expain the differences one more time if you don't mind. If this person is asking than the street sways will be more than good enough.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok, I'm posative my Teins came with a set of front endlinks that are adjustable, but I forget if the back one did. I pushing toward getting the comp bars because I do have a problem with understear. do I need to get the endlinks? 'casue they're almost as expensive as the sways, and if theyre not nessisary then I don't want to spend the money on 'em.

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Teins only come with adjustable front endlinks because the front sway is directly connected to the front struts, so any reduction in height will have a big impact on them. The sway is setup different in the rear, so it's nowhere near as hard on the stock endlinks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts