NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a recent track event, I've become seriously displeased with the low speed understeer characteristics of my Celica. I don't want to spend a fortune on mods, so I'm thinking that replacing the swaybars is a good approach. I've read good things about the ST rear bar and the Hotchkis competition set, but I haven't found all of the information I'm looking for, so I thought I'd ask here.

What is the relative stiffness of the ST bar compared to stock. Is it adjustable?

What would be the advantage of getting the two bar set from Hotchkis compared to the rear only from ST?

Will the stock endlinks take the extra loading on an otherwise stock suspension?

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
ST rear is +123% stiffer than stock, and has only one setting.

If you're having problems with understeer, the ST bar is definitely the way to go. While getting the Hotchkis Comp sway bars will eliminate understeer at normal and high speeds, stiffening up the rear only will help the car rotate better at low speeds. Hotchkis even makes an "Autocross Bar", but it's actually just their rear Comp bar, sold for 2x as much as its sold in a set with their front bar. :wtf: ST is your best bet, but be aware that it will make high speed handling a bit twitchy, since the rear will want to kick out. But for autox speeds, it's perfect.

The stock endlinks will be fine with either bar. If your car is slammed, though, you might want to invest in a set of Hypermotive endlinks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts