NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my syncro's are pretty much shot for my 2nd and 3rd gears. My question is do you think toyota will cover it under warranty. I bought my car used...but from a toyota dealership and it has like 46k miles on it...and anyone know how much this costs to fix if they dont wanna cover it?

Also i just got my clutch replaced and they messed around in my engine compartment. The ECU has a bolt missing from the case ( dumb people ) and that vacumm tube (?) that connects into it is missing. You know like that hard plastic piece? They put like a lil piece of plastic or something to block off the hole where that tube went into inside my ecu. Also that like sensor or attachment that attached to the like top of the stock airbox they disconnected that from the bottom of my intake where it was screwed on and the plug that was running into it was unplugged. Did they just unplug that because they blocked off the ECU or was that just suomething they forgot to do? What does that thing control? Its not the MAF..cause thats the square thing right?....but its the other one that has an eletrical connection and 2 vacumm hoses running from it. I dont understand why they took that black plastic tube out and will this hurt my car any or should i go back up there and tell them to give me a new one?

Sorry if this is hard to read or understand but im tired as hell and ive had a long day....:gap:

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
If 3rd gear really is going bad, emphasize that over the 2nd gear synchro going out.

Why?

Because I bet the 1-2 shift doesn't grind unless you are at very high rpm's possibly even over redline. If you can take it in, BE VERY POLITE, and ask them to check out your car , and offer to take a tech for a ride or have them drive your car and see if the grindage happens.

Basically if you can get 3rd gear to do it all the time, then tell them when you go in, that 3rd gear does it all the time and the 1-2 does it occasionally.

Most likely they will open up the tranny , look around and find out that not only is the 3rd gear synchro fudged, but the 1-2 is as well.

Now onto that other stuff. I really don' tknow what to tell you, any time you take your car for any service, look it over and make sure you get all the peices back that you brought it in with. Can you go back to that shop and ask them for the peices you are missing back?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts