NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2000 gts is currently riding on eibach sportlines and kyb agx shocks; my front right strut recently became considerably softer than the others and it squeeks when i drive over bumps... it feels pretty messed up in corners too. I'm fully prepared to replace it but I'll also alitte surprised if I have to. I've only had the struts for a couple of months and it's not like i go offroading or anything(I'm actually pretty careful about avoiding bumps)... Has anyone else had this happen to them? Is it my fault? How can I avoid it in the future? Thanks for any useful info.

·
12+ years daily driver
8,599 Posts
i'd like to know a lil about this too. My front left tokico is making noises but only when i hit bad areas of the road. All the other little bumps its quiet for me, but when it makes its noise it sounds like metal on metal banging together.

I saw you have AGX's, you dont think the adjuster is broken do you? They are still set at the same spec on both sides?

·
12+ years daily driver
8,599 Posts
any noises though even though the ride was rough?

why did you not move the stoppers over? Wont those not being there make it bottom out more and eventually kill the strut quicker.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
push down with your bodyweight on your front right hood and let go. If the rebound oscillate more than once, bobbing up and down then your strut is bad.

·
12+ years daily driver
8,599 Posts
NY : I tried yoru test. I think my shocks are still good. I am getting a metal on metal noise when i hit decent sized bumps.

process of elimination has had me check/change all nuts bolts on the strut, the endlinks for a new set, and my shocks dont appear blown.

so the only thing i cna figure is its my steering rack or something to do with the mounting bushings for the front swaybar.

any other ideas?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts