NewCelica.org Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
The cookie-cutter Mexican restaurants with all Mexican staff and essentially the same menu is what we're cursed with. One does a superior job and has some tweaks including some great taco options which always come with soft corn tortillas. Otherwise, a guy just came down from the Chicago area and features mostly Central Mexican (Oaxacan) creations. Interesting and new, but a bit eclectic.

When you've had the street tacos in Cabo (al pastor) a few blocks from Cabo Wabo, little else compares!

·
Registered
8,261 Posts
The place across the road from me is more akin to street tacos (small, greasy, good), the rest is just the usual mexican fare, big burritos, horchata, bottled soda, and some dinner platters that are pretty good too. I like the juevos rancheros with steak and flour tortillas to pile it up into. So good....just sop up the egg yolks with the steak and rice and tortilla. Mmm....

·
Registered
8,261 Posts
No no you're an idiot. Soft corn is the best for tacos, it's the best flavor. Obviously you need flour for a burrito cause of how it's wrapped, corn would come apart, but for a simple taco where you just grab and fold the sides and shove in your mouth and it's gone in 3 bites, soft corn.

I had a good burrito the other night from my hole in the wall. They use this marinated pulled chicken and then I subbed sour cream for guac and it was heavenly, I just couldn't finish it though, it was just too big. Next time I need to remember to ask for some lime wedges on the side to squeeze onto the burrito with the hot sauce I drizzle on between bits. MM MM GOOD.

·
Registered
8,261 Posts
But you know what, I'm going to try flour next time just to be fair and hey maybe I'm wrong. It won't hurt me to try it.

·
Registered
4,466 Posts

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Is that why it's been exclusively in Asia?

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
They're coming here, pal.
Yep, after being test marketed in multiple places in Asia for a number of months.

:shrugs:

·
Super Moderator
44,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Tapatio or El Yucateco red?
None of the above.

Yep, after being test marketed in multiple places in Asia for a number of months.
It's being vetted.

Taco Bell Is Taking the Naked Chicken Chalupa Off Its Menu
http://www.eater.com/2017/2/23/14711802/naked-chicken-chalupa-taco-bell
Less than a month after breaking the internet with the launch of its Naked Chicken Chalupa (aka “the taco with the fried chicken shell”), Taco Bell has announced its sunset, as planned. The stunt menu item will disappear from menus sometime in March, the OC Register reports, dashing the hopes held by many that Taco Bell would turn the previously announced “limited time offer” into a more permanent menu item. (“That’s one of the shortest limited-time offers I’ve ever seen by Taco Bell,” notes the Register’s Nancy Luna.) If you’re one of those diners wishing for consistent access to poultry taco shells, consider going the petition route, as diners have done on behalf of the Quesalupa and the Daredevil Ghost Pepper Griller.
Thanks, Trump.

·
Registered
8,261 Posts
I think the flour compliments the fish and pork better than corn, but I like corn with steak and chicken. It's a toss up, always good to try new things.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts