NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone thought of the 2.2 liter tacoma engine in our celicas? Chris rado gots it in his.. Its a 4 banger. They say that that engine is the ideal engine for a import racer (toyota).. Just an idea... Tell me what ya think.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Give some specs man. :)
Get this Idea a-rolling.
It might work out well, I dont kow enough about it to say any thing really, but Iwill look in to it for you.

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
Good luck. :thumbup:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Nah, seriously, that engine will not fit unless you cut the hell out of the engine bay and even then, doubt it. We have a full tube chassis and a crazy extended and widened front end with custom EVERYTHING. I'm telling you, do not entertain this idea unless you plan to tube and drag the car. You lose any streetability if you try and do that swap. However, if you want more power, I would recommend swapping in a 3S. One guy has finished his swap and is now looking into AWD set up. We are doing mine next fall looking into an AWD or RWD conversion.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Once again, I wish I had some more info on the engine.
Size, mounting, dissplacment, ect.........

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Yeah, and then there is the Nascar Celica thats got the 6 cyl tacoma engine in it, thats bored like 30 over i think...
once again, not meant for the steet.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
GTSnut said:

Yes and no. We do have a 3RZFE, but it's a 2.7ltr. You can go to our site for more info. http://www.world-racing.com
3RZ is 2.7 stock - I heard TRD punched it out to 3 liters when they built it for you. Your advertised 9.1 : 1 compression ratio shows that they definitely monkied with the pistons and rods (stock is 9.5:1) - Ask Christian - betcha I'm right :D

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
Griffin said:

3RZ is 2.7 stock - I heard TRD punched it out to 3 liters when they built it for you. Your advertised 9.1 : 1 compression ratio shows that they definitely monkied with the pistons and rods (stock is 9.5:1) - Ask Christian - betcha I'm right :D
We don't have the same sposorship that we did from TRD last year. :/

·
Registered
209 Posts
There was a guy at the race legal drags here in San Diego that had a turboed tacoma 4 cylinder in a 1st or 2nd gen celica and was incredibly fast but I don't know who he is, maybe someone on the board, (perhaps in the socal forum) knows him he might be able to give you insight on the motor and it potential in a 7th gen.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.