NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its was a newer Altima - not sure of the year. I was driving the Tavoma and my wife was with me. Its a V6 with a 5speed. We were just cruising along in a 40 - relatively close to the speed limit when this guy pulls up next to me, revs on me, and starts to drive off. Well we had open road in front of us with no cars so I couldn't resist - I dropped her down a gear and proceeded to pull a couple car lengths on him by 80. It was great because I kept slowing down so I could laugh at him but he absolutely refused to pass me or get next to me after the spanking - he stayed like a car back and a lane over - even when I slowed to like 10 under the limit.

Anyways theres no real point to this story, I was just bored and it was funny. Not as funny as the time I spanked a modded 80s Maxima with a Sienna minivan, but still funny.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by Boosted2.0
Its was a newer Altima - not sure of the year. I was driving the Tavoma and my wife was with me. Its a V6 with a 5speed. We were just cruising along in a 40 - relatively close to the speed limit when this guy pulls up next to me, revs on me, and starts to drive off. Well we had open road in front of us with no cars so I couldn't resist - I dropped her down a gear and proceeded to pull a couple car lengths on him by 80. It was great because I kept slowing down so I could laugh at him but he absolutely refused to pass me or get next to me after the spanking - he stayed like a car back and a lane over - even when I slowed to like 10 under the limit.

Anyways theres no real point to this story, I was just bored and it was funny. Not as funny as the time I spanked a modded 80s Maxima with a Sienna minivan, but still funny.
He said HIS tacoma was v6.

But yea, had to be 2.5. AUTO V6 ALTIMA is semi-mid 14's high 14's. 6 speed they are low 14's.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Good kill. :thumbup:

How did the S-Runner feel (power & handeling wise)? I'm considering the new X-Runner, and at least on paper the X-Runner is alot better than the S-Runner.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by Adam_TRD

How did the S-Runner feel (power & handeling wise)? I'm considering the new X-Runner, and at least on paper the X-Runner is alot better than the S-Runner.
X- Runner SC > X - Runner > S- Runner

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Adam_TRD said:

X-Runner is nothing at all like the S Runner, but the S Runner is a lot of fun. Not the greatest handling but better than a regular tacoma. The acceleration is quite decent though and its got rather nice throttle response. For a truck the S Runner is fun to drive. I can't wait to drive the X-Runner though - its supposed to be a beast.

and yeah I meant my truck was a V6 - I am VERY sure that altima was a 4 cyl. Probably 4cyl auto.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Worst story ever!!!... The story of my 85 Toyota pickup beating a grand pri was better :thumbup:

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by Tikked Again
Worst story ever!!!... The story of my 85 Toyota pickup beating a grand pri was better :thumbup:
:chuckles:

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tikked Again said:
Probably was. But its not on page one and I was bored so deal :) BTW - was the Grand Prix by any chance parked, or perhaps unaware you were racing? Just curious :p:

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Originally posted by Boosted2.0
Probably was. But its not on page one and I was bored so deal :) BTW - was the Grand Prix by any chance parked, or perhaps unaware you were racing? Just curious :p:
It was an early 80's boxy Grand Pri with the pep boys treatment. He was driving poorly, speeding as I approached in the other lane and then slowing down. We ended up catching a red light right before the lanes merged. He was staring at me and motioning ...or something. It was funny.

I got him with my mad launching skills....RWD yo! I sure showed him :) I hit like....40 mph. It is quite possible he stalled the car at the light :chuckles:

I like the new x-runner. I might try and find one to test drive when they come out. I always had an interest in 'sporty' 2wd trucks.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Originally posted by NoRulzAt140 Mph
RAM SRT-10
Hello 5,000lb full sized truck. I saw a guy put his SRT-10 in reverse while midway down the 1/4 mile dragstrip. The sound was atrocious

I should have meantioned I was looking for something in the 'small' size. I've always wanted to pick up an old 1st gen 2wd toyota pickup.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
It still handles very well and has 500 HP and 525 lb/ft of torque. high 12's, low 13's.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
dude i just realized our convos wont get f*ked up anymore with all those ****'s in place of words... if we swear in spanish... look they cant do anyting about it...

****, *******.. *******.. *****... hijo de ****... this is great

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
si ala din don dan.. ala dan don din?...

hey mike.. i wonder how long it took you to figure out what i typed :chuckles:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts