NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of taking out my rear seats. how hard is this? has anybody done it? what tools are needed? i know its not gona take a second off my time but it will give me a reason not to let people sit in the back of my car when they ask to:naughty:. and i like how i can see my 3 point upper TRD brace:headbang:. let me know peeps. ok pc

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks a lot guys:thumbup:. yeah im gona try this later today. after i get off work. how do you guys like it with out the rear seats. is there a diffrent feel or not really? thanks for the help!:headbang:

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok it didnt take to long but its done. the rear of the car is striped. its funny cuz i started out just wanting the rear seats out then i just keeped on going. bt i too it out for a teast run and WOW. i can feel the handling and speed of the car. it has a gained inmany ways. thanks for your guys help. pc

·
Registered
791 Posts
7-8 lbs for each back, and 6-7lbs for the bottom. Give or take. around 20-25lbs altogether.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah i took all the seat belts out to. Paul im not selling it anymore. the 2 other toyotas i would rather have than the celica are too much money for me right now. maybe later on.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
lol i just stripped my rear interior out last night...took it all out down to the carpet except the driver seat...passenger seat and rear seats are gone along with all interior plastics....

i like to clean in detail the interior of my car....now i need a TRD strut bar to make things look really nice back there...:)

-Dustin

·
Registered
394 Posts
ishido said:
7-8 lbs for each back, and 6-7lbs for the bottom. Give or take. around 20-25lbs altogether.
NO WAY!

The bottom of the seat is all foam, and the back just have a metal frame the rest foam. I pulled mine out yesterday to do the roll bar and rear brace. I will try to weigh them today.

Dont take them out. It wonth be worth it. I had mine out for a long time. I hade to slap it in cuz I needed to stick two chicks in the car so I could take the to get banged. I threw them in and left them in. The interior looks so much cleaner and there is a hell of alot less road noise.

If anything just fold them down.

·
Registered
236 Posts
RXvedub said:
I hade to slap it in cuz I needed to stick two chicks in the car so I could take the to get banged.
I would have made them ride in the trunk...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.